Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: All Planes Gone Already????  (Read 17779 times)

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
Re: All Planes Gone Already????
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2011, 09:49:33 PM »
That's because the well is dry.

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/Stats

Your not kidding there the used market is dryer than the Sahara!  ;D

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2011, 11:16:13 PM »
That's because the well is dry.

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/Stats

So you can ONLY order NEW planes?? Or will there be some more USED planes coming up?

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2011, 11:23:06 PM »
So you can ONLY order NEW planes?? Or will there be some more USED planes coming up?
If all the planes in the game world are in use, which is the case if the global statistics shows 0 planes in storage or for sale, then the only way to get more planes to order new ones, or wait for other players to dismiss their aircraft as they get new ones delivered.
No new planes will be generated from nothing, meaning the total count of the planes in the world will not change, except when players receive new ordered aircraft, or old ones are scrapped.

filipebravo

• Former member
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2011, 11:35:10 PM »
Yeah, we all suffer from the same, I will have to wait almost 2 years to get new 757s to enlarge my fleet. The only way out I see here is to start with Tupolevs. That Tu-204-120 seems adequate to replace the existing 757s. Knowing that it will probably kill me when fuel prices reach 1000 USD / ton, at least it's worth to try. There's always a way out.

Offline FlyTO

• Members
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2011, 07:00:03 AM »
What is there to do now other than periodically lease new planes to stay in the production line?
Have to wait 9more months for the 739 to deliver in Feb 2005 :(

LostInBKK

• Former member
« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2011, 10:04:37 AM »
I have to admit as n00b its really frustrating there are not enough aircraft around. Are their not Airline Brokers in the game who are also ordering so we can lease from them?

Cheers
Lost

Offline Davva9961

• Members
« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2011, 12:49:16 PM »
Good! Keep it at nothing, if you want planes start ordering like the rest of us.

One point.......... When people do bankrupt in the game, it will be pointless to restart, or for anybody new to join the game if there are no used aircraft. You would have to order new then sit around for a couple of years waiting for your first aircraft to arrive!!!!  :-\

LostInBKK

• Former member
« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2011, 01:47:13 PM »
One point.......... When people do bankrupt in the game, it will be pointless to restart, or for anybody new to join the game if there are no used aircraft. You would have to order new then sit around for a couple of years waiting for your first aircraft to arrive!!!!  :-\

That is currently exactly what I am doing  >:(

Cheers
Lost

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2011, 03:06:19 PM »
Or you could lease a russian frame or six. Las I looked, there were a bunch of TU's and IL's floating around. Not ideal, but come on people, get creative!
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Davva9961

• Members
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2011, 03:10:23 PM »
Or you could lease a russian frame or six. Las I looked, there were a bunch of TU's and IL's floating around. Not ideal, but come on people, get creative!

Not ideal, but come on people, get creative!

More like get real..... Not many people going to want to throw credits away like that!!!!

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2011, 03:39:12 PM »
I have made it work short term. I was profitable enough to order a few slightly smaller 717's then immediatley replaced the -154's upon their arrival.

Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

filipebravo

• Former member
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2011, 04:01:38 PM »
An-140s are not bad. And by 2006 we will have a 100 seater Embraer E jet. Come on people, get creative!!

By Oct this year I will start to get rid of my leased 757s buying few of them and leasing them out. I'll let you guys know when they are ready!

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2011, 10:24:30 PM »
I'm not saying 'told you so' but a number of players did caution against all the complaining about the slow release of used aircraft earlier in this game.  To appease the complainers, Sami obliged and allowed the used market to be refreshed much more rapidly.  Totally predictably, practically all the worthwhile aircraft are now gone.  Unaccountably, some people seem surprised that there are no used aircraft to be had, or are just waking-up to the dire consequences for those that have to BK in this situation.  As I did say before, the lack of patience by some is ruining the game experience not just for themselves, but also for others.

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »
I'm not saying 'told you so' but a number of players did caution against all the complaining about the slow release of used aircraft earlier in this game.  To appease the complainers, Sami obliged and allowed the used market to be refreshed much more rapidly.  Totally predictably, practically all the worthwhile aircraft are now gone.  Unaccountably, some people seem surprised that there are no used aircraft to be had, or are just waking-up to the dire consequences for those that have to BK in this situation.  As I did say before, the lack of patience by some is ruining the game experience not just for themselves, but also for others.

Yup  :)

Offline Beni

• Members
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2011, 10:47:57 PM »
As I did say before, the lack of patience by some is ruining the game experience not just for themselves, but also for others.

I am one of the fortunate players that was able to create a small used fleet to start, (some of fortune and maybe becouse during the first days of the game I was opening the market every few minutes) but It is frustrating to stay two game years doing nothing while you wait for new planes. You talk about patience and I understand it, but you (and the owners of the game) should understand that it is difficult to wait two game years for a plane while the credits are going down.

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2011, 02:38:44 AM »
You talk about patience and I understand it, but you (and the owners of the game) should understand that it is difficult to wait two game years for a plane while the credits are going down.
I agree.  My point was that the impatience of some players at the beginning of the game is causing frustration now (and for a long time to come).

LostInBKK

• Former member
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2011, 03:56:48 AM »
I guess the question to ask is does this happen in real life?

My limited understanding that there are airline brokers who also buying aircraft and leasing them back.

Are these guys not in the game?

Cheers
Lost

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2011, 06:38:12 AM »
I guess the question to ask is does this happen in real life?

My limited understanding that there are airline brokers who also buying aircraft and leasing them back.

Are these guys not in the game?

Cheers
Lost
Not sure, if brokers in game can buy directly from manufacturers, but even if they could, they'd be stuck with the same order list and waiting time as every1 else.

Edit: brokers in game
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 03:16:50 PM by Jps »

Offline michael

• Members
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2011, 07:39:14 AM »
There is 130 739s and a handful of 757s sitting there in the desert but not be offered for lease in this game yet. Selfishly, I say release them, as I need a few, but I am sure others do also :)

I agree on the loss of patience waiting for the new aircraft to arrive, perhaps the AI lessors can order the aircraft that are canceled and marked as grey in the production screen. I have never had an order move up due to others canceling, so the AI lessors can take those slots rather than them being lost production?

Boomer Aires

• Former member
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2011, 08:19:57 AM »
[...] You talk about patience and I understand it, but you (and the owners of the game) should understand that it is difficult to wait two game years for a plane while the credits are going down.
+1
It's not my intention to complain, but I can also understand that it makes it hard for some player to keep the airline running and to have fun (as this is the general intention of a game) In particular those who just started an airline.

Not sure, if brokers can buy directly from manufacturers, but even if they could, they'd be stuck with the same order list and waiting time as every1 else.

Yes, they can order at the manufactures too.
ILFC for example: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/boeingaerospace/2014433495_ilfc09.html

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.