Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: All Planes Gone Already????  (Read 17766 times)

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
Re: All Planes Gone Already????
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2011, 04:05:02 AM »
Dear Sami,

On behalf of the AWS players, I apologize for all the complaints you have received. As no matter what you do, people will have some problem with the used aircraft market. First they complain its not enough, now they complain its too much.

Please consider this, it is only a small minority that has issues with the used market. The rest of us would like to apologize to you and are quite enjoying the game.

-Altman

+1

While I believe there is plenty of room for improvement, it is important to always remember that we are lucky to have this great sim in the first place.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Pike

• Former member
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2011, 04:56:13 AM »
Yes, look at them!

They're all MORE EXPENSIVE THAN NEW PLANES.
They have D checks in 2-4 years.

What it seems like to me is that the market now has a bunch of planes for those too impatient to wait for the new aircraft to roll off the production lines, yet they come at a cost.

Do you wait 6 months for a new 737/A320 or do you hit the 'buy-it-now' button and grab one from the used market? Getting it now means you pay a higher lease, higher maintenance, and have a D check looming.

It's forcing people to think carefully about how quick they want to expand. :laugh:

I just got into the game within the hour. I'm paying 956 220 USD/m for a plane that would cost 935 230 USD/m leased brand new.

Sucks for me that I wasn't around for the initial seed of planes, but it's better than nothing.

I don't know where you're looking, but the planes I'm taking are all relatively young, and will likely be replaced with my new aircraft long before a D check looms.  As for the prices, yes they cost more than a new plane that comes as a part of a bulk order---which is the only way I buy new.  Most people, of which I bet you're one, buy new planes 1,2, maybe 5 at a time.  The price you pay doing that is likely much higher than what I'm leasing off the market....I imagine that your example is that of a bad deal airplane that does pop up every so often.  I'm smart enough to not lease something that's priced too high.  

There's something else you are missing.

Slots, especially at an airport like I'm at, are more valuable than anything else.  If you have slots, you have breath.  My margins might be lower than the guy flying LH, but my slots are worth more than the money he's making.

In the same instance, it's worth picking up off the used market--because as Sigma mentioned, the margins if you do things correctly are more than enough to cover.  In fact, the difference you mention is totally insignificant compared to sitting there with your new airplane that you waited 6 months for with no slot.  I don't know where you are, so this may not be an issue, but at a big airport with 5 competitors it's priority #1.

By the time the D checks you mention show up....I'll have either dumped the used plane for the new planes I now have rolling in....or be too rich too care.  Or be bored and still not care.  Either way, the point is really moot.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:58:36 AM by Pike »

Pike

• Former member
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2011, 04:57:56 AM »
For my part, I say thanks Sami.  This many planes is a little bit of overkill, but it's a hell of a lot better
than sitting around hoping for the odd plane to show up.

If nothing else, this game will have a different dynamic than games past!  :)

Offline BIA

• Members
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2011, 05:02:40 AM »
+1

While I believe there is plenty of room for improvement, it is important to always remember that we are lucky to have this great sim in the first place.

I have to agree with those views. I had no problem with the used marked as it was, you had to plan your investments, and wait for your plane if you wanted a popular type. Right now it sucks having planned and have planes delivered over the next 6 month, if I would have saved the money I could have had them in 2 weeks.

An idea, the used marked would be available for the first 3-4 month of an airline, after that you only have other players planes available. And the new planes, of cause.
That would make it possible to have a chance even though you're not there from the start.

But hey! Just love the game :-)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 05:06:36 AM by NNJoe »

Pike

• Former member
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2011, 05:22:28 AM »
I have to agree with those views. I had no problem with the used marked as it was, you had to plan your investments, and wait for your plane if you wanted a popular type. Right now it sucks having planned and have planes delivered over the next 6 month, if I would have saved the money I could have had them in 2 weeks.

An idea, the used marked would be available for the first 3-4 month of an airline, after that you only have other players planes available. And the new planes, of cause.
That would make it possible to have a chance even though you're not there from the start.

But hey! Just love the game :-)

I will concede that for the folks who decided to jump to the new aircraft market quickly, this had to be a blow to the gut.  I was only
just barely spared.  I was actually in the process of ordering my 717's, when I saw what had happened in the market.  I'll still need to order those 717's, but this was a treat to be sure.  On the other hand, I'd be unhappy too if I'd have blown the cash before noticing.  I definitely sympathize.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2011, 05:40:37 AM »
I agree with Sigma, just get rid of the whole used market brokers. You start with some either 1VL, 3L, 5M, or 10S. Or maybe just give a set amount of money like usual and have a one day used market with unlimited planes to do whatever you want. Then after that, the used market become strictly when airlines go bankrupt, the planes end up there. The beggining of the game would have to be perfectly planned out to expand rapidly. The used market is playing too much of a role in this game, it's the entire game, it ruins strategy, it ruins the fun aspect because you just have to sit on the UM, and we all now how much the first 3 months of the game means, it means basically the whole game.

By the way, I want to say sorry because I will admit that I did complain a little about how the used market was getting ridiculous. Sami, it must be impossible to deal with all this, and run the whole thing, and I hope your getting something out of all this.
No replacement for displacement

Pike

• Former member
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2011, 06:11:31 AM »
Sami, it must be impossible to deal with all this, and run the whole thing, and I hope your getting something out of all this.

Sure he is, 17 credits out each one of us who finish!  ;D

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2011, 06:44:48 AM »
Sure he is, 17 credits out each one of us who finish!  ;D

Well i think people will drop off faster than normal, slots will soon be gone and people will sits with their money bound up on new planes they cant use.
Now the game even more than normally is about have time to sit at the used market and put planes in action

Pike

• Former member
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2011, 07:21:47 AM »
Well i think people will drop off faster than normal, slots will soon be gone and people will sits with their money bound up on new planes they cant use.
Now the game even more than normally is about have time to sit at the used market and put planes in action

What you're saying is a bit of a contradiction.  If people fall off, that will open up slots.  And before long, we can open bases.  With
fewer people out there, that means alot of airports with alot of slots. 

The plane dump was not the end of this game, it has simply changed the dynamics.  Personally, I'm fine with it.  But to each their own.

filipebravo

• Former member
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2011, 02:32:28 PM »
(...) and we all now how much the first 3 months of the game means, it means basically the whole game. (...)

Not necessarily true. I started on MT#2 3 years after the beginning of the game world and managed to finish on top-20. And I was not the only one. By the time I started, used market was ok. You guys are too obsessed with growing faster than the others. Faster isn't better.

Does anyone else agree that used market worked fine as it was when this game started? I've managed to get only 7 planes on used market so far, so I am not taking advantage of it at all, but I still think it works fine as it is.

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2011, 02:49:09 PM »
Not necessarily true. I started on MT#2 3 years after the beginning of the game world and managed to finish on top-20. And I was not the only one. By the time I started, used market was ok. You guys are too obsessed with growing faster than the others. Faster isn't better.

Does anyone else agree that used market worked fine as it was when this game started? I've managed to get only 7 planes on used market so far, so I am not taking advantage of it at all, but I still think it works fine as it is.

+1

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2011, 03:22:10 PM »
I started DOTM 6 years after most others, and while my airline value won't catch the biggest guys who were there from day 1, my revenue has increased to top 10. The first game year certainly seems important, but it's far from the whole game.

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2011, 03:42:07 PM »

+2 

Impatience is taking both the skill and fun out of this game.

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2011, 03:57:40 PM »
I can't stand you guys complaining for a change, then getting a change and think it was too much. How could Sami tell? There are no other solutions short-term.

And I agree with the statement above, just be patient, growing fast isn't better...

Offline TK1244

• Members
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2011, 04:06:50 PM »
+2 

Impatience is taking both the skill and fun out of this game.
I can't stand you guys complaining for a change, then getting a change and think it was too much. How could Sami tell? There are no other solutions short-term.

And I agree with the statement above, just be patient, growing fast isn't better...
++++++++++ ;D
TK Regional

Pike

• Former member
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2011, 09:30:49 PM »
No complaints here, I LOVE what Sami has done.  I now have a choice when making fleet decisions instead of just taking
what is out there in order to keep growth moving.

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2011, 12:49:19 AM »
This Used Market is like a Roller Coaster lol now theres nothing

Disclaimer: I AM NOT COMPLANING

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2011, 05:21:56 PM »
There has been NOTHING lately..... :o

juanchopancho

• Former member
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2011, 07:06:50 PM »
Good! Keep it at nothing, if you want planes start ordering like the rest of us.

Meraki

• Former member
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2011, 08:08:56 PM »
There has been NOTHING lately..... :o

That's because the well is dry.

http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Aircraft/Stats

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.