Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: All Planes Gone Already????  (Read 17770 times)

castelino009

• Former member
Re: All Planes Gone Already????
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2011, 11:37:38 PM »
For those who didn't understand what I wrote in my last post; the part about me buying all those planes is true but the rest is sarcasm. It was meant to be a joke about all those people who keep complaining about it all the time. I guess I wrote it subtly. I don't have any problems with the used market since it has only been a week since the game world started.

then I think this is very wrong thread to be sarcastic and jokey here mate :). Not all see the same way you see :P

Good luck anyways

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2011, 11:38:20 PM »
I really hope that was sarcasm referring to "not all being dumped at once". All the complaining that people have been doing (including my own small part) I think Sami probably did get a bit

I just cleared some more of the Cessna Caravans (and similar) from there, since there were still too many overall. But not anymore. (=same as yesterday)

ps. sorry Unsaid ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:40:47 PM by sami »

filipebravo

• Former member
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2011, 11:45:32 PM »
I know how to sort this "lack of planes" issue. And it does not involve flooding the used market with planes that in the end come at highly inflated prices because everyone wants them(a select group of users seem happy with it, though). Does not involve changing the current system, works fine IMO, but that's just me. Quite simple solution:

Create 2 types of game worlds. One game world with 30min / day for people with a life. Another game world with 5min / day for the impatient who aren't happy with a normal and realistic growth of their airlines and want to see things moving a bit faster.

Disclaimer: With this msg I did not intend to offend anyone. If I did so, I apologize.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:58:59 PM by filipebravo »

unsaid

• Former member
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2011, 11:47:13 PM »
I sometimes have trouble understanding people. It's like 50000 people in a soccer stadium being sad after their team has conceeded a goal. What happens in the end? It's all just a game.

About AWS, what really happens if you get a few aircrafts today or tomorrow? You don't win a trophy if you are the biggest airline at the end of the game.
I like playing this game for an hour everyday, and I like the way things are. Of course some adjustments would be appreciated but the general gameplay is really nice. It's quite addictive for me. On the other hand, since the aim of the game is "having fun", I don't think it is worth arguing people on forums or harrassing developers who seem to have spent years on this project.

Sincerely,
Your family's philosopher.

Offline Pepto

• Members
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2011, 11:53:45 PM »
This is too much planes on the market. Global statistics shows there still left over 200 of A319, over 150 of A321, and over 1700 (!!!) of all types of Boeing. It makes no sense with so many planes on used market  :-\ Not fun...

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2011, 01:05:35 AM »
Allright, shall I close the used market completely since nothing seems to be good?

(kidding. But still....)

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2011, 01:21:39 AM »
Allright, shall I close the used market completely since nothing seems to be good?

(kidding. But still....)

Why kid about it?  It would solve not only the problems of the whining but the more serious issued caused by several other player-crushing methods executed by experienced players that can mine the market for dozens of types of whatever they can get their hands on, exponential growth created by delivery of dozens of aircraft a month, and the resulting paralyzing slot-grab caused by players throwing too small planes on too many routes in hyper-unrealistic fashion. 

Let everyone pick their first planes -- maybe something like 1 Very Large, 2 Large, 3 Medium, 4 Smalls or something.  And from then on out everyone has to use the New Market.  Which would slow expansion, removes "luck" from importance in the early game, keep players in the game for longer, slower deliveries make the 25+type fleets harder to sustain early-on, and the delivery schedule would keep more players on parity with one another. 

I won't claim it to be a perfect idea, but I'd be willing to play in a game-world that tried it out.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2011, 01:24:39 AM »
Why kid about it?  It would solve not only the problems of the whining but the more serious issued caused by several other player-crushing methods executed by experienced players that can mine the market for dozens of types of whatever they can get their hands on, exponential growth created by delivery of dozens of aircraft a month, and the resulting paralyzing slot-grab caused by players throwing too small planes on too many routes in hyper-unrealistic fashion. 

Let everyone pick their first planes -- maybe something like 1 Very Large, 2 Large, 3 Medium, 4 Smalls or something.  And from then on out everyone has to use the New Market.  Which would slow expansion, removes "luck" from importance in the early game, keep players in the game for longer, slower deliveries make the 25+type fleets harder to sustain early-on, and the delivery schedule would keep more players on parity with one another. 

I won't claim it to be a perfect idea, but I'd be willing to play in a game-world that tried it out.

I like the idea, although I think that being forced to do 1 VL, 2 L, 3 M, and 4 S planes would ruin fleet commonality.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2011, 01:30:27 AM »
I like the idea, although I think that being forced to do 1 VL, 2 L, 3 M, and 4 S planes would ruin fleet commonality.

I was thinking you'd have the choice of any planes you wanted.  Anything.  Not necessarily whatever 4 small planes were available on the market.

Just something to kick-start an airline so you're not stuck with just 1 plane for a couple months, or whatever dredges are left on the market, etc.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2011, 01:32:27 AM »
So incredibly high start amounts, and it would be like you order new, except the planes arrive immediately?
Editor of AeroBlogger

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2011, 01:37:39 AM »
So incredibly high start amounts, and it would be like you order new, except the planes arrive immediately?

Yeah. 

Like I said, I won't claim it to be perfect or necessarily realistic.  But neither is what we've got either.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2011, 01:38:38 AM »
I like the idea, although the player used market shouldn't be done away with, just the AI brokers.
Editor of AeroBlogger

ejunior

• Former member
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2011, 01:38:52 AM »
This game is wonderful.

Why?

Cause is difficult.

An easy used market will destroy the game.

Please, each scenario is for months. Not for hours or a few days.

I respect all players, but my opinion is: Sami, be hard with used market.

At a moment, we have no A320 in the used market. Than, some players try to lease new ones or get other planes. Suddenly, we have a billion of A320 in the used market, thanks to complains. Now, what about that players who believed in a hard used market?

If the used market is a roller coaster, the game will sink.

Please, Sami, make a decision and do not consider every complains.

Sorry about my very poor english.

I apologize if i ofend someone.  

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2011, 01:43:50 AM »
This game is wonderful.

Why?

Cause is difficult.

An easy used market will destroy the game.

Please, each scenario is for months. Not for hours or a few days.

I respect all players, but my opinion is: Sami, be hard with used market.

At a moment, we have no A320 in the used market. Than, some players try to lease new ones or get other planes. Suddenly, we have a billion of A320 in the used market, thanks to complains. Now, what about that players who believed in a hard used market?

If the used market is a roller coaster, the game will sink.

Please, Sami, make a decision and do not consider every complains.

Sorry about my very poor english.

I apologize if i ofend someone.  

+1

Look at all the Planes now on the Used Market........The game will sink....Its to easy now specially with players who have money....Within a couple weeks this World will get boring because everyone will have their plane on routes filled up.

juanchopancho

• Former member
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2011, 01:47:31 AM »
Whatever happened, I found a bunch of available used planes in the used market tonight.

Meraki

• Former member
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2011, 02:46:37 AM »
Look at all the Planes now on the Used Market........The game will sink....Its to easy now specially with players who have money....Within a couple weeks this World will get boring because everyone will have their plane on routes filled up.

Yes, look at them!

They're all MORE EXPENSIVE THAN NEW PLANES.
They have D checks in 2-4 years.

What it seems like to me is that the market now has a bunch of planes for those too impatient to wait for the new aircraft to roll off the production lines, yet they come at a cost.

Do you wait 6 months for a new 737/A320 or do you hit the 'buy-it-now' button and grab one from the used market? Getting it now means you pay a higher lease, higher maintenance, and have a D check looming.

It's forcing people to think carefully about how quick they want to expand. :laugh:

I just got into the game within the hour. I'm paying 956 220 USD/m for a plane that would cost 935 230 USD/m leased brand new.

Sucks for me that I wasn't around for the initial seed of planes, but it's better than nothing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 02:49:25 AM by Meraki »

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2011, 03:22:45 AM »
Yes, look at them!

They're all MORE EXPENSIVE THAN NEW PLANES.
They have D checks in 2-4 years.

What it seems like to me is that the market now has a bunch of planes for those too impatient to wait for the new aircraft to roll off the production lines, yet they come at a cost.

Do you wait 6 months for a new 737/A320 or do you hit the 'buy-it-now' button and grab one from the used market? Getting it now means you pay a higher lease, higher maintenance, and have a D check looming.

It's forcing people to think carefully about how quick they want to expand. :laugh:

I just got into the game within the hour. I'm paying 956 220 USD/m for a plane that would cost 935 230 USD/m leased brand new.

Sucks for me that I wasn't around for the initial seed of planes, but it's better than nothing.

Considering the outrageous profit margins that are readily made in AWS, if one has to think even for a second about paying a little extra for a plane, even if it were double the cost, you're doing something horribly wrong. 

There is no "decision" to be made at all. 

Peanutoil

• Former member
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2011, 03:49:37 AM »
It's the matter of CASH!

If someone is able to take out Huge loans (such as those loans with assets), he is going to win!

Peanutoil

altmants

• Former member
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2011, 03:57:52 AM »
Dear Sami,

On behalf of the AWS players, I apologize for all the complaints you have received. As no matter what you do, people will have some problem with the used aircraft market. First they complain its not enough, now they complain its too much.

Please consider this, it is only a small minority that has issues with the used market. The rest of us would like to apologize to you and are quite enjoying the game.

-Altman

castelino009

• Former member
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2011, 04:03:13 AM »
Dear Sami,

On behalf of the AWS players, I apologize for all the complaints you have received. As no matter what you do, people will have some problem with the used aircraft market. First they complain its not enough, now they complain its too much.

Please consider this, it is only a small minority that has issues with the used market. The rest of us would like to apologize to you and are quite enjoying the game.

-Altman

+1

At least this man has some decency, brains & is courteous. Common all you moaners, get a life and enjoy the game. Hard used market = more interesting times (even for the big guns). The battle to survive and come out victorious is the most interesting part.

Cheers
VJC
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:05:53 AM by V.Castelino »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.