Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Demand - sales - LF model  (Read 970 times)

swboy

• Former member
Demand - sales - LF model
« on: March 04, 2011, 12:52:36 PM »
Good afternoon!
I have a question about  demand-sales model. If really, I am all ready tired with this non-stop changes in rules which affects   on LF. Rather not from changes, from lack of information about this changes. I am working, dear administrators, tell me please why I have to waste a lot of time finding all the changes you applied. Can you please give us news or smth like that that we can quickly know about them. For example – how can we go that now night time (00-05) affects o LF? In news don’t write about this.

I have next questions:
1.   What is the “rating” of next factors by the strength on influence on the LF. Or how strong they affects on lf:
a.   RI (I feel that it is “new rules”. LF is 30% before RI become 80?! When the prices on this route are decreased by 25% from def!)
b.   CI
c.   Comfort seat
d.   night time
e.   technical stop
2.     How specially affects seats comfort on Long haul flights? From what destination, by the new rules, LF going dawn and how dramatically (4500/5000/7500/9000????) or how many hours, or what?
3.   night time… It is also have very different influence in each situation… Maybe smb knows what is the model?
4.   How technical stop affects on flight. Only by the decreasing the default price?

Thanks everybody for answers. I think it will be interesting for many people.

P.S. Maybe somewhere exists a place where quickly possible to know about all news in game rules and models???
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 05:03:18 PM by swboy »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Demand - sales - LF model
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 01:36:52 PM »
Sorry, but what changes and lack of information you are actually talking about? Nothing has changed in the system in any of the running games; and it won't. All major changes that affect the core calculations are done with a version update that do not affect any of the currently running games (unless it's a bug fix, but there haven't been any of those either). Previous major version update (v.1.2) was made in 2010.

And all updates (minor features to current games, or major features to next versions) are announced at the news & announcements forums naturally. Here's what's planned to next version so far: http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,26356.0.html

1) For the specifics on how the passenger demand model works; I cannot comment since those are part of the software an revealing the relations and factors is not beneficial for the sake of gameplay. You can figure out the basics yourself, as the question: would you fly a 1 hour flight in the middle of the night with a refuelling stop somewhere ..etc. But the the importance order of those items is generally as follows RI & CI, flight time, seat comfort. (from most important ones to the less important)

2) http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/Aircraft/Config/#Seat

3) Night time depends highly on when the passenger departs and arrives. "Nobody" wants to be at the airport at 03am if there are other choices. But boarding at 23 and arriving at 07 for example can work.

4) Techstop increase the flight time and add the discomfort of extra landing so it causes a lower "rating" to the flights in the eyes of the virtual passengers.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:40:26 PM by sami »

swboy

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 02:33:29 PM »
Thanks for answer...

"Nobody" wants to be at the airport at 03am if there are other choices

It means if my flight is the only flight on the route night time doesn’t affect on LF on this flight?

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 03:14:57 PM »
If I had the choice between flying at 3 AM or driving at a reasonable time, I assure you that the airline wouldn't get my business
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »
Thanks for answer...

It means if my flight is the only flight on the route night time doesn’t affect on LF on this flight?

flying between 00 and 05 is hitted hard on the lf

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.