Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Fuel mercy  (Read 4396 times)

MattDell

• Former member
Fuel mercy
« on: March 04, 2011, 02:07:21 AM »
Anyone see an end to the rising fuel costs? 

Alternatively, anyone know how I can convince my pilots to fly the 727 with the center engine off? :D

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
Re: Fuel mercy
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:27:13 AM »
727 will BK you in any challenge scenario.

Fuel mercy gets rid of the challenge.

There is a reason for the word Challenge in the name of the gameworld.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 03:07:29 AM »
Fuel needs to double what it is now for me to start complaining.  :P
No replacement for displacement

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 03:29:03 AM »
The only game I ever BKd on was the first North American Challenge and it was due to, surprise-surprise, 727s.

At least this time there was a bit more time in the game to replace them.  In the first Challenge the fuel price skyrocketed exponentially practically overnight and it was only about 10 days into the game.  A substantial portion of the world ended up BKing.  Then the remainder of the game was uneventful as hell and the population dwindled to almost nothing.

MattDell

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 11:16:13 PM »
At least this time there was a bit more time in the game to replace them.

Except I started late.  :(

Think it will end, or should I just go ahead and BK and start fresh?

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 11:40:31 PM »
I certainly wouldn't know what fuel is gonna do any more than the next guy, but I bet he'll let it get a little worse than it is for a bit of added "Challenge".

Might be a good idea to start scouting bases.  If fuel continues, it'll only lead to more BKs and more people trying to find new airports.  You might get a bit of a headstart on them if you BK now.

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 10:33:12 AM »
The only game I ever BKd on was the first North American Challenge and it was due to, surprise-surprise, 727s.

I did quite well in the first NA challenge using 727's... killed me this time though :'(

altmants

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 03:23:33 AM »
the prices arent even that high right now. When it hits $1000USD, then we talking

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 02:55:45 AM »
Of course, I have no visibility into the game, but if youc an fly your 727s on the shortest possible routes (i.e. you're based in the northeast or ATL) and get them doing 5 round trips per day, you can still make a reasonable profit no matter what the fuel price. The more time they spend turning around, the less fuel they will burn...

unsaid

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 09:46:55 AM »
It hasn't been a real "challenge" so far, with fuel price at around 350 USD. With only 34 days to go in the game, I'm wondering when fuel price is going rise to 1000 USD level.

Offline sergio

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 08:38:24 PM »
Is it chepaer to ground the planes in times of fuel crisis? (sorry, i am in the beginners world, just learning so far)

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 08:42:08 PM »
Is it chepaer to ground the planes in times of fuel crisis? (sorry, i am in the beginners world, just learning so far)

No, because you will still be paying fleet commonality and staff costs, which would make you bleed money.

If you own your fleet at the time of a fuel spike, putting your airplanes on the market for ridiculous prices (you don't pay commonality for aircraft on the market, and you don't have to do maintenance either) while riding out the fuel spike works if you operate real gas guzzlers.

That said, you won't encounter anything that even remotely seems like a fuel spike in Beginners World.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline sergio

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 08:56:46 PM »
thank you!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.