Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Game results / End of world  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Game results / End of world
« on: February 23, 2011, 07:15:41 PM »
Currently the available stats and data at the end of the game world are quite limited.

There's currently access to Press releases, view airlines page (=airline list / info / map), and statistics pages. Presentation of this (at final results "front page") is quite quickly done, only text links to the different areas ..

Please tell me what you'd like to see when the world has ended. (= what data of the currently available features)

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
Re: Game results / End of world
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 07:17:05 PM »
Alliance Stats.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline SAC

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 09:45:37 PM »
When a game finishes I want some long term credit for it.   As it stands when a game is over that is it - it counts for nothing.

I would like to be able to see how many games I have played, how many times I have bk'd, how many a/c I have operated etc etc

I want to see how I rank as a player over ALL the games I have played....it gives each game a purpose and encourages players to stay in games till the end.

A player all time "league table" would be just great  ;D
...it's not over until I say it's over

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:11:28 PM »
+1

It does not really have to be part of the software.  It can just be a topic in the forums, read only, with results archived...

Branmuffin

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »
How about permanent 'badges' in players' forum avatars/profiles which are awarded when a player 'completes' a game world (= running a successful airline at world-end)?  The badges/icons would identify the specific game worlds in which a player has participated to completion.  This would also hopefully keep people involved even until the end of the world.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 02:21:17 PM »
Back to this topic, what information of old game worlds you would like to see retained on the server after the world closes? All info cannot be stored but for example the stats page or similar stuff (= static pages with collections of data) could be stored and browsed then "for ever"; perhaps even by non-members of that world?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 03:07:42 PM »
bump - more thoughts on this?

There were some talk somewhere that game results would be "in your profile" or something that way. Anything come to mind from that?

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 04:19:58 PM »
bump - more thoughts on this?

There were some talk somewhere that game results would be "in your profile" or something that way. Anything come to mind from that?

How about lifetime counters?  The number of unique MSN aircraft you've ever had in your fleet, aggregate CEO salary, CV, etc.  Also a list of airports you've ever HQ'd or had a base at--this would tell other players how diverse your experience is in terms of basing at different airports versus always basing at LHR or otherwise.  Right now the only metric we have to tell how experienced a player is is by looking at their date registered and ostensibly--post count :)

Offline Infinity

• Members
    • Aviation Awareness
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 07:11:26 PM »
Back to this topic, what information of old game worlds you would like to see retained on the server after the world closes?

I have absolutely no idea about technical stuff and that, but I guess storing demand from route planning is beyond the storage capacity you want to put up for this? Anyhow, what would really be great is being able to see aircraft launch dates, I had to make a document to store them now.

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 02:16:51 AM »
World should be viewable by all once it's over, rather than only by those who were still in it.

More things viewable in profile would be good, too. Could be coupled with a revamped achievement system.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 05:36:26 PM »
Bump for comments and ideas.

#1) What you'd like to see when the game enters the "end stats" mode

#2) What data you'd like to be stored in the long term (= after the game is removed from the database; ie. "end stats" no longer visible)

Since the game databases are very large we cannot store them for ever, but I would still like to keep some level of data of each completed long game world. For example fleet lists, bases and such aren't a problem at all and those could be stored in some separate static end results database for later browsing and usage (generic data only, no single aircraft history details or anything like that). .. but depends a bit what you'd like to see.

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 07:57:45 PM »
I would like to see the Alliance Scores added to the end game stats. Currently, alliance scores disappear when the game ends. Also, I would like to see a stat comparing "Active" fleet (ie planes with schedules) vs Total fleet (scheduled planes + idle planes with no schedules).
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Sanabas

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 11:56:16 PM »
A bigger/more varied set of achievements. Which would then lead to the various achievable things being stored as static lists, as something for both particular games, and also for personal profiles.

Would still like to see the game world accessible by all for a week or so from when it ends to when the full game is removed from view. At the moment, if I mentor an airline, and then occasionally check in on how it's going, I'd like to see how it ended up, but don't think I can.

Offline CarlBagot

• Members
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 11:20:09 PM »
Average profit per year percentage? ie average of all the years the company has existed, list the top performers.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 08:29:17 AM »
Statistics for newbies.

GW3 is my first game outside the beginner's world, and I'd like to know how I compare to other unexperimented people.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 03:32:55 PM »
I am working on a system that stores the statistics of ended game worlds in a permanent game archive. Idea is that you can browse the main game stats and data from your profile even a long time after the game world has ended. Naturally only the main data can be saved, so you cannot browse the details of individual routes or aircraft.

The data is planned to include:

- The game information (name, when it started, when it ended, etc.)
 - Airline information (name, code, HQ, bases, cash, image, value, age, score, all-time stats on pax/cargo)
 - CEO information (wealth and number of restarts)
 - Alliance information (name, members, rating and scores)
 - Airline fleet list (listing of aircraft models operated, and the average age/flt.hrs. etc per fleet group; no individual a/c stats)
 - Possibly some sort of route / destination listing.
 - Full set of statistics - the same stats that are viewable at the game statistics page. (how this is displayed, is still under consideration)
 - Possibly also a listing of achievements earned in this game (cross-linked from the achievements database)

What else?

(the idea here is that the archives database will include a small set of data from each game, and after the game has ended it will be archived and will be removed from the databases to save some space)

The stats will go back to The Jet Age #8 game, started in mid-2013. Older games are not in the database anymore.

Offline Captim

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 05:50:59 PM »
A tad off topic. However related.

I am curious as to why there is no achievement for the top 3 airlines in value at the end of a GW?

In a game so based on $'s it seems an odd omission to me and is in many ways more difficult to achieve than CEO wealth...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.