Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Hard to get planes!  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
Hard to get planes!
« on: February 17, 2011, 05:40:56 PM »
Is it me or is it really hard to lease some decent planes at the moment.... I think there needs to be a release of aircraft into the lease market  :'(

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
Re: Hard to get planes!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 06:51:28 PM »
I agree..

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 06:57:09 PM »
The start of worlds are always like this and this thread seems to appear in most world's forums :)

Despite various enhancements to the used market, it's always going to be difficult to get the best aircraft as the demand is so high at this stage.  Once the fastest growing airlines start ordering new aircraft things improve.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »
When you think about it, these random shots of used planes are pretty unrealistic so we're lucky we're getting any.
No replacement for displacement

altmants

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 12:17:19 AM »
A lot of people overlook the 727-200Adv. For the lease price, its super cheap with 162 seats.  Downside, you must replace them within 2-3 years game time before fuel prices surge. 

Take a look at the Mexican Airlines based in Mexico City.

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 07:46:31 AM »
I wasn't going to post as I've read the (many) other threads on the same subject but...

I've been watching the 'Global' Statistics' to see if I've missed any planes being sold to competitors and, considering 737-300/400's there have been just SIX released into the market in the last six game-weeks. All were immediately snapped up and I count myself lucky to have got one of them!  But with 519 available for sale, is this rate of release really 'balanced' or does the system deliberately hold back the most popular planes even more so than the old gas-guzzlers? 

I totally understand and agree with the reasons for not letting them all get snapped up at once by the big airlines, but still... at this rate of one per week it'll be just about 10 years (way past the end of the game) before they all get sold.  Does the release rate speed up at some point?

Offline Herman

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 10:59:31 AM »
I have been looking for planes on the used market as well and they're difficult too get. In my view however ... this makes the game really interesting. The rules are the same for everyone. After all, there are still a lot of (older) planes available. You can also order new ones, and the delivery times are still good at this moment. I believe it's really up to everyone to decide how he/she wants to deal with this situation. The game would be much more boring if we would all be able to grow our airline into a mature one in one or two game years ...

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 02:14:36 PM »
Yeah - I like that someone's even flying around a couple of VFW614's along side their A320's :o- much more interesting (they actually don't look that bad a proposition actually apart from there only being a few of them available).  In some ways it's a shame the Russian types have been excluded.  There would have been some REALLY eclectic fleets out there - plus, I suspect, lots of bankrupcies not too far into the game...

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 08:36:44 PM »
Any Airplane released anytime soon as theres really not much out there.....

Batoril

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 02:22:40 PM »
A lot of people overlook the 727-200Adv. For the lease price, its super cheap with 162 seats.  Downside, you must replace them within 2-3 years game time before fuel prices surge. 

Take a look at the Mexican Airlines based in Mexico City.

727-200Adv has a huge maintenance cost  :'(

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2011, 03:03:19 PM »
727-200Adv has a huge maintenance cost  :'(

not to mention that they were actually banned from the USA about this time as well due to noise restrictions.... If you want to fly it, you should be required to get the hush kit.....  Which was actually removing the outboard engines and using engines from an MD80 and only really hush kitting the inboard engine.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 03:38:20 PM »
Unfortuantly Fedex isn't around to make the hushkits in the game. FedEx made them because of the noise restrictions that were starting to come into place and they didn't want to ground a good portion of their fleet.
No replacement for displacement

Offline GlobalCEO

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 05:37:26 PM »
Tell me about it.... my expansion has slowed to a crawl b/c of lack of aircraft! Ugh! My passengers are hungry for new destinations and I'm hungry to fly new routes! ha ha ha ;D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.