» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: FULL?  (Read 7527 times)

Ilyushin

• Former member
Re: FULL?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 04:37:10 PM »
You really need to ease up, Comrade. 

The only Western aircraft with flight crews approaching those found in Russian aircraft are 30-40 year old freighters.  And let's not
talk about the poor safety record, horrible noise (remember, the Tu-154 is banned in most of Europe because of how loud they are...not
to mention they've been dropping like flies lately.), and even worse economy rating.  There's a reason that the flagship airline of Russia, Aeroflot, is buying Western jets and not Russian:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/07/10/us-aeroflot-boeing-idUSTRE6690X220100710?feedType=RSS&feedName=businessNews

In any case the Russians DO make the undisputed best vodka in the world.  Which is good...because you'd want to drink alot of it before
stepping foot on a Tu-154.

And you're telling ME to ease up? ;D Just look at how much you flame. You, sir, are ignorant.

Remember the modern Tu-154, the M type, is NOT banned. However, the older versions of the Tu-154 are. But the 732 and other old western planes are banned too. So you don't make sense.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 04:37:53 PM »
In any case the Russians DO make the undisputed best vodka in the world.  Which is good...because you'd want to drink alot of it before
stepping foot on a Tu-154.

They don't call them vodka burners for no reason  ;D

If I recall correctly the An-124 and An-225 have something like 6 members (pilot, copilot, engineer, navigator, radio man, loadmaster), just like the old WW2 bombers did. Nothing wrong with that, just saying...
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 05:13:23 PM »
Ok, for Ilyushin's sake I'll take the focus off "bashing" Soviet/Russian aircraft and say Boeing is better than Airbus, there, that should take the attention off that topic for a few posts.........but seriously, imagine walking on a CRJ and half the plane is pilots........ ;D

Oh, and +1 for Greenland challenge A380's only......

Pike

• Former member
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »
Quote from: TK1244 on Today at 04:44:52 PM
While the Tu-154 crashed due to poor maintenance, I can remember many western aircraft types which have crashed due to poor design e.g. McDonnell Douglas DC10. The company knew about the faulty cargo door design, but they risked thousands of lives be continuing production. At least no Russian manufacturers have risked lives of people just to make money.

You have to be kidding.

Now you want to talk about how much the communist government...which was in place and essentially ran the company when the Tu-154 was being designed...cares about it's people?  Really?  I don't think you are ignorant, I think you are insane.

They built a plane that has had 40 fatal crashes since the 70's...40! 

And if you want to continue talking about this line of thought, by all means.  We can talk submarines next, if you want.

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 05:24:59 PM »
LOL .... there is no doubt that western aircraft are better made, and more efficient.... Just have a look at concorde vs TU 144.... That battle right there is an automatic winner for western aircraft... sorry lol 8)

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 06:31:53 PM »
LOL .... there is no doubt that western aircraft are better made, and more efficient.... Just have a look at concorde vs TU 144.... That battle right there is an automatic winner for western aircraft... sorry lol 8)

Better made? Definitely not. More efficient? Yes. Economic planes simply wasn't priority in Russia.

I'd rather set foot on an Aeroflot Tupolev Tu-154M than on an United Airlines/Delta Air Lines/you name it Airbus or Boeing. Statistically they're MUCH safer. That only counts for Aeroflot, of course.

Quote from: Pike
4. DC-10....yep, bad aircraft.  But doesn't approach the 40 fatal crashes the Tu-154 has had since the 70's.

But still, the average fatalities per aircraft-number is higher on the DC-10... Compared with total number of aircraft built, many more DC-10s have crashed compared to the Tu-154. Funny thing is, that the Tu-154 is also operated by countries such as Iran and North Korea while your beloved DC-10 was and is operated by those awesome, western countries you speak of that are much better compared to Russia.

Why are you so anti-Russian? There is no reason to be. The Cold War is over and there is no anti-Russian propaganda in your country anymore. Learn to accept them, like the Russians are accepting you. Stop looking for reasons to bash them, there's enough reason to bash you too.

Just to clarify, I am Dutch, not Russian.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:52:48 PM by Ilyushin »

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 06:42:03 PM »
Well Ilyushin answer this question for me... If they are so much more safer and better made then most western aircraft...how come they are not used around the world.... the fact of the matter is that western aircraft are used around the world for their reliability and effiency....russian aircraft are good...but they use technology which is now deemed unsafe in most western countries... and yes Aeroflot might have a good statistic with the TU-154 but we are not talking about airline safety we are talking about aircraft safety!

Offline Pilot Oatmeal

• Members
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 06:43:01 PM »
PS... don't say i'm racist about russia I am a dual citizen of both the UK and USA if you must know and am very open to other nationalities

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 06:46:12 PM »
Well Ilyushin answer this question for me... If they are so much more safer and better made then most western aircraft...how come they are not used around the world.... the fact of the matter is that western aircraft are used around the world for their reliability and effiency....russian aircraft are good...but they use technology which is now deemed unsafe in most western countries... and yes Aeroflot might have a good statistic with the TU-154 but we are not talking about airline safety we are talking about aircraft safety!

Even though you might be open to other nationalities, many people aren't. Airlines know that when they fly Russian birds, they will make themselves unattractive to a few pax. Some people are really ignorant and are still indoctrinated by Cold War propaganda, picturing Russians as bad.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 07:20:24 PM »

Allright... enough of this topic now?

Offline TK1244

• Members
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »
Yup :laugh:
TK Regional

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »

Sure.

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »
This proves my point, if we had more game worlds open. We would be occupied doing other things than arguing in the forum ;D

+1 For another Modern Times!

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 08:40:08 PM »
 :laugh: I would +1 that if I had credits to spend but sadly I don't so I'm still partial at this point. ;D

Cheers,
ICEcold

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2011, 08:47:12 PM »
:laugh: I would +1 that if I had credits to spend but sadly I don't so I'm still partial at this point. ;D

Cheers,
ICEcold

Lol, neither do I. I know we all gotta eat and keep food on the table, but I remember back to my childhood when my grandpa always used to say when I told him I was hungry "Kid, nobodys ever crapped themselfs from hunger. Stop whining" So I bought credits instead of food.

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2011, 08:54:30 PM »
 :laugh: sadly it's my lack of a credit card and the unwillingness of my parents to cooperate by ANY stretch of the imagination that is stopping me.  :P

Cheers,
ICEcold

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2011, 09:09:29 PM »
:laugh: sadly it's my lack of a credit card and the unwillingness of my parents to cooperate by ANY stretch of the imagination that is stopping me.  :P

Cheers,
ICEcold

Ah, that makes sense...

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 09:16:24 PM »

Just in case you missed this.

Alright, I'm done.

Ilyushin

Offline TK1244

• Members
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 09:21:56 PM »
So far, the two of you have, combined, accused me of being ignorant and racist.
Sami, can you please make this player clear that the discussion is over. btw, don't act as a victim, you were the one calling me ignorant and insane and now I'm guilty to be accuse you of being ignorant and racist??? There is clearly something wrong with you guy.
TK Regional

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2011, 09:26:02 PM »
guys seriously, MOVE ON.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.