After a long silence finally some news, and good news indeed. The beta testing and development has yet again progressed during the last weeks and months.
I am confident that the release of AirwaySim's first public version is near. Define 'near' you ask? Well .. Cannot make any exact promises but I can tell that it's only down to one larger feature at the moment. Otherwise everything is set, tested and ready. And hopes are up to get the public version out during December!
What has been done since the last news update?
- A second beta scenario has been started from 1965. This gave us the change to try the era of big props and right now the airlines are transitioning to jet age in the 1970s.
- A lof of small bugs have been fixed, and the system's usability has been improved according to the beta testers' feedback.
- New small features and improvements have been added to nearly every page in the game area (too much to go into detail here).
- New aircraft models from the 1960s/1970s era added, together with more airport data.
- The passenger distribution system has been reworked to clear the remaining flaws in it.
- Larger new features: Airline alliances (with private alliance discussion forums directly at AirwaySim's site), staff strikes, improved runway requirement / payload vs. range system.
- The business/first class travel system is under construction at the moment, with only the aircraft seat configuration module remaining.
See more from the Screenshots thread
at the forum.