Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: URGENT!!!!!  (Read 1754 times)

captainblinnikov

• Former member
URGENT!!!!!
« on: February 01, 2011, 08:00:48 PM »
Is somebody can tell me-how I can compete with airlines,which have 98% of all slots in my base airport?!It`s very difficult for beginners to start growing up in such adverse conditions-the Alliance`s airlines have lots of aircraft,slots,high ratings and I can`t do anything with my only 737-700 for my business growing-up.. :'(Guys,who started the game a few days ago encounter huge problems to establish new routes,because all slots in major world airports were obtained by previous players..Even such small airports as Graz,Dresden,Maastricht are overloaded..So,for the new players there are no opportunities to expand their airline..Even marketing doesn`t help-I can`t afford myself the expensive marketing campaign such as big airline can..Advise something,please.. :-\

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: URGENT!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 08:08:46 PM »
Is somebody can tell me-how I can compete with airlines,which have 98% of all slots in my base airport?!It`s very difficult for beginners to start growing up in such adverse conditions

You can write Sami and ask for ability of airports to expand, based on demand.

But that is not going to help you in the current game.  I would just look around, see if you can find an airport with enough unfilled demand and plentiful slots.  Declare bankruptcy, and start over.  There is nothing else you can do.  Your airline is doomed because of lack of slots...

Normally, at this stage of the game, a lot of airlines go under because of high fuel prices.  This game has been sort of a Begginner's game, with relatively low fuel prices.  So nobody basically goes under to free up slots...

captainblinnikov

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 10:39:27 PM »
Ok,thanks!Will try to develop a little bit and if there are no positive indexes-will declare bankruptcy..I`ll wait until next game is started.Thank you for your reply.

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 02:22:00 AM »
Ok,thanks!Will try to develop a little bit and if there are no positive indexes-will declare bankruptcy..I`ll wait until next game is started.Thank you for your reply.
Make sure no one else is based in the city you want (if you can help it), look at how many slots there are and how many airlines serve the airport. Look for something that you don't have to share alot of. Don't go for a London or Chicago, perhaps an Oakland or Basel (although I think its pretty hard to get anything in Europe anymore. I actually tried Basel and couldn't get more than 6 routes, so I did what the others suggest. Went bankrupt and went elsewhere). :)

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 11:58:39 AM »
Top tip: Always do your research for your next airline before bankrupting your current airline!  Not only is it a massive help, but it makes  a longer redundancy process for your soon to be abandoned staff... especially those peons in Route Strategies who need one of them to monitor one route...

:laugh:

captainblinnikov

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 02:47:16 PM »
Thanks,guys!I will wait sometime before declaring bankruptcy,my income appears to be stabilized..But I still have problem  with slots-my base is ESSA,so,before opening base there,I haven`t check and analyze the situation,and now I can fly max 3 flights a day :-\...But LF is increasing,and I hope,it will lead to some positive development! :)One question-how I can fly between other airports beyond my base&?Is it possible with only one acft?

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 06:03:16 PM »
In short, no... you are probably best bankrupting after picking a better base.  As a top tip, at this stage of the game I would look at airports with Pax ratings between 35-55%, and aim to develop an airline using medium aircraft, ideally turboprops 50 pax up.

The rules for other bases are that you need to have had an airline for 18 months gam-time, and have 15+ aircraft in operation.  Only then can you open a new base and fly routes that do not involve your HQ airport.

In future versiosn I believe we may get options to do an HQ --> B --> C --> HQ type flight, but not yet - and it wouldn't help you much in any case.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 10:05:23 PM »

In future versiosn I believe we may get options to do an HQ --> B --> C --> HQ type flight, but not yet - and it wouldn't help you much in any case.

I believe it will be HQ -> B -> C -> B -> HQ.  This was apparently part of the game before my time here...

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 10:10:13 PM »
I believe it will be HQ -> B -> C -> B -> HQ.  This was apparently part of the game before my time here...

Both were options in previous game worlds. Not sure if both feature in the new v1.3 ABCetc routings but I hope so.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:20:19 PM by alexgv1 »
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.