Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: company image.  (Read 2128 times)

drewsy aki

• Former member
company image.
« on: January 31, 2011, 11:17:10 AM »
Hi all, came into the game late and set up shop at FLL and now IND, i fly 32 boeing and ATR aircraft and make reasonable profits(i think),but being quite new to airway sim got alot to learn, But just cant seem to get my company image above 30 any ideas.. my airline is Drewfly.  Do you have to re scedule during a c check?

drewsy aki

• Former member
Re: company image.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 11:50:48 AM »
Hi again just to add a couple bits of info, my punctuallity is 93.7% av delay 2mins and cancellations 1.7%. are any of these particually bad to effect my ci? ???

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 11:55:43 AM »
You must add more marketing to increase CI. You are probably using only newspapers&billboards right now. Try using radio in all of your country. :)

drewsy aki

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 12:16:34 PM »
Just added radio advertising will see if it works, but it has just cost over half my weekly profit..!! do you think i will recoupe that over time with improved ci. cheers

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 12:24:22 PM »
Well I think that depends on your LF and competition. With no competition, you don't really need the radio advertisement, but it sure makes a change with competition. I cannot tell if you will get ALL of your weekly profit back, but who knows.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 02:34:40 PM »
Just added radio advertising will see if it works, but it has just cost over half my weekly profit..!! do you think i will recoupe that over time with improved ci. cheers

Read my posts here on how Marketing works in AWS:

http://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,18435.0.html

But CI ONLY goes up with more money spent on Marketing.  It doesn't matter a bit how well-run your airline is (though I've heard if it's run extremely poorly it can hurt, I've never seen that myself).  Don't focus on too much CI if it's going to kill your profits.  It's only worthwhile if you're in competition with other players for passengers.

Zabuti

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 05:55:40 PM »
Hello

The Internet marketing campaign is pretty efficient and inexpensive. I suggest having one permanent Internet campaign worldwide. Works well and doesn't cost much ! :)

Hope this helps !

drewsy aki

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 06:20:37 PM »
ok guys thanks. my ci has gone up a little but early days, :)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »
(you don't necessarily need a CI100 as that's helluva expensive ... some 30-50 region is just fine too if you're not a huge global airline)

drewsy aki

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 07:45:49 PM »
hi again i have an image of 31 is this anough to take on large airlines on busy routes..?

Zabuti

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 08:48:26 PM »
Hello

Depends on the CI of targeted airlines. If they have a CI of 15, might be sufficient, but it's not common to see big airlines with less than 30 of CI.

Go to statistics/airlines/company image, and look for the airline you target. See where there CI is, and then you'll know how to position yourself.

Good luck

drewsy aki

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 09:03:56 PM »
thanks for that, just looked, but i dont think i will take on jumbo shrimp with ci of100.. ...!!!! suicide  >:(

Zabuti

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 10:45:22 PM »
well... that's possible :-)

You first need to rise you CI a bit (at least 60 or 70 :-) )

Then try to set cheap planes on these routes and decrease the ticket price by about 10%. If you're profitable, you might get him... might...

Small advice : ROute marketing campaigns are not a great investment, but they become worthy when you try to steal market shares. Prepare a 5-month route campaign to boost your route image, and therefore support your strategy.

That's tough and tricky, but would not afraid me. :-)

Good luck !

drewsy aki

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
cheers, will give it a go but only when my ci goes up a bit.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.