Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Low LFs on super long hauls, why?  (Read 1559 times)

Online PH1517

• Members
Low LFs on super long hauls, why?
« on: January 29, 2011, 02:25:08 AM »
I still havent figured this one out yet.

I have a DC10 doing JNB-LAX-JNB with a tech stop and its giving me only 50-60% LFs. 
RI is 100, CI close to 90, cabin configured Premium in C and F class, Standard in Y. 
dep 1500, arr 0600 -  dep 0900, arr 1910
Theres plenty of demand

Anybody have some input on this would be appreciated.  What more can I do to push up those LFs?  Or are these super longhhauls condemned to be forever money pits? (until the A380 which wont come in this game, or maybe the A330 with a techstop).

PH1517

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Low LFs on super long hauls, why?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 02:35:47 AM »
Pax don't like Standard configuration over too terribly of a long time; and that flight is some 15 hours long.  That's probably your problem.

Question is whether you'll give up so many seats upgrading to the next seat pitch that it won't matter how much more LF you get as a result.

This was done as a bit of a control of the ludicrously huge profits that could be made on long-haul.  But what is a ludicrous profit at 6000 miles on a fuel-efficient plane when fuel is cheap, is not particularly  profitable with a guzzler on a 9000-mile route when gas is expensive. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 02:37:59 AM by Sigma »

Online PH1517

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 03:44:15 AM »
Pax don't like Standard configuration over too terribly of a long time; and that flight is some 15 hours long.  That's probably your problem.

Question is whether you'll give up so many seats upgrading to the next seat pitch that it won't matter how much more LF you get as a result.

This was done as a bit of a control of the ludicrously huge profits that could be made on long-haul.  But what is a ludicrous profit at 6000 miles on a fuel-efficient plane when fuel is cheap, is not particularly  profitable with a guzzler on a 9000-mile route when gas is expensive. 

First, I just realized I posted this in the wrong game, it should have been in DOTM where we have DC10s, sorry about that  :-[  but i suppose this could also apply to this game too.
I also thought configuration could be the culprit.
But my First and business class is already configured in premium and getting the same LF as my Y configured in standard.  So, if i go to the next seat pitch, that would kill any profit for sure? I mean luxury seating in C and F, and premium in Y.... how many seats would that give me on a DC10? lol! i could try that for fun.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 04:02:41 AM »
I've flown ULH (9000nm+) on 77L w/ standard F, C and Y configs and had 85-90% LF with -2% default before so it works as far as I know...

It's probably the tech stop that takes 10% LF away. What are your prices on the route (how much off default)

Talentz

Online PH1517

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 02:30:14 PM »
they are at 10% off.
I have 3 flights a week now since I wanted to try it out.  I m wondering if increase to a daily flight, would that improve over all LFs

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 06:45:31 AM »
Yes, most likely. Those numbers are based off RI 100 and CI 90.

In fact at that range, you need RI 100 (or very close) to get breakeven load factors. ULH is true in that it takes awhile for the route to turn a profit. Also, high fuel will kill the route thus its the most fluid route in the game. Unlike the easy 6x daily 200nm or 4000nm LH routes were you print money from the start.

If every route were like ULH, the game would be more dynamic for a change.

Talentz

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 02:40:33 AM »
I think its time for demands to go up a bit all around at this point.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.