Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Switch to nonstop  (Read 579 times)

Offline plasticforks

• Members
Switch to nonstop
« on: January 25, 2011, 12:35:41 AM »
Currently, lets say I operate a route from A to C with a tech stop at B because of whatever reason (a/c range). Later, I have an a/c that can do A to C nonstop, I have to delete the current route, tick "keep slots", create the route all over again. Lots of clicking.

Is it possible to have an option like "add/remove tech stop" in the edit route page? It would save a lot of clickings and unnecessary deleting + recreating, and you can also see how your income changes after you make it nonstop, etc.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Switch to nonstop
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 12:45:57 AM »
can't do it with current system.

you can't be sure there'd be an open slot at your destination for the new time you are going to arrive.  This would require a slot check and possibly would need to trigger a slot purchase as well.

This would require some coding time for Sami.

Riger

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 09:38:14 AM »
In the sceanrio that the OP states, is the flying time for A-B-C (including the tech stop for fuel) the same as A-C ?

If not, then there will be timing issues on the coversion anyway ....  I think.

Regards

Richard

Offline jewiden

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »

you can't be sure there'd be an open slot at your destination for the new time you are going to arrive.
Slots are only for departing flights, not arriving flights afaik?

Offline plasticforks

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 11:58:15 AM »
Well, with the tech stop eliminated, you're guaranteed to lose some slots, so you have to re-buy them anyway.

I'm asking for the possibility of going from "Open route - A via B to C" to "Open route - A to C" without doing
- go to the current 1 stop route
- close route, click on "keep slots"
- open new route

Again, yes, you will lose the slots, either at A or C, but you'd lose the slots anyway if you open the nonstop route in a different window.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 12:00:40 PM »
Slots are only for departing flights, not arriving flights afaik?

no, this is wrong.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 12:28:08 PM »
no, this is wrong.

Only departures use slots. http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/Routes/Slots/#What

For the request itself; I believe this has been posted before too. But not a priority at the moment.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 12:33:44 PM »
Only departures use slots. http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/Routes/Slots/#What

For the request itself; I believe this has been posted before too. But not a priority at the moment.

I see what you mean here... I was referring to the next departure, sorry.  My brain has been frazzled.   When you take out the middle flight, you are left with a large block of time previously used in flight.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 03:32:18 PM »
I see what you mean here... I was referring to the next departure, sorry.  My brain has been frazzled.   When you take out the middle flight, you are left with a large block of time previously used in flight.

It should not be too hard to code this if you simply add turn time at the destination to fill the unused time. Then there would be no slot issues, and the player could chose to tighten it up manually and haggle for slots later

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 06:03:13 PM »
The problem is that with most major airports where this type of intl flying takes place will all be full or close to when the possible changeover would occur.  I bet 20% would actually be able to do it.  Have you ever changed a flight (even just to a plane flying 0.02 mach slower) and you can't make it work???  This may just have to be something done manually

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.