Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Bankruptcy question  (Read 1333 times)

Ilyushin

• Former member
Bankruptcy question
« on: January 16, 2011, 07:24:35 PM »
Hi all,

I've got a question about bankruptcy.

In JA3 I'm operating 51 aircraft with a weekly profit of about ~350k.
20 of those aircraft are Viscounts which I own. They are right now one by one exceeding the age of 7 years old so I'll have to D-check all of them soon, so I will lose money.
Also I have 15 F28s on order, direct purchase. So when those arrive, I will lose even more money to pay the delivery fee.
Those F28s each will cost about 2,8 million, I ordered 15 and right now I have 8 million on hand. They will start arriving in 1970.
Viscount D check will cost 760k per plane. By 1970 they all went through the D-check. So it will cost me 15 millions total.

However, is this a problem, even if I am making a profit? Or should I take out a loan to be safe? I will be in minus cash for a while for sure. But I will keep on making profits.

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Bankruptcy question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 11:35:08 PM »
As long as you can get back into profitability your BK clock will reset.  So you're not in any danger of being run out of business.  Your bigger problem is that if you're in negative cash, it doesn't matter if you're making profits, you won't be able to pay for your D-Checks.  That will be your biggest problem.  And if you're in negative cash you won't be able to pay your other checks either at some point.

But you'll be able to borrow money against your planes as they arrive in using them as security.  That will more than take care of any problem you've got.  Or you can just use your Viscounts now to borrow against to ensure you've got the cash.

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 12:23:25 PM »
Alright, thanks for the help. Took out a loan. ;D

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 02:12:33 PM »
Hi,

Why not lease some extra Viscount to replace the ones that are going to D check ? I used to do it and it worked fine  ;)

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 02:19:45 PM »
Because I own the Viscounts myself, and they're still young. ;D

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 09:07:01 PM »
I meant replace during the D check. Like spare Aircraft  :P

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 09:58:19 PM »
I meant replace during the D check. Like spare Aircraft  :P

Oh, that is not the problem. The problem is the hit I will take by paying all the D-checks and the delivery fees of the F28s.

But thanks for the suggestion. ;D

virtual

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 08:15:33 AM »
why paying the d check when its 75 % of the aircraft value ?

i just don t do it and replace  d check aircraft by news aircrafts and leave  the other die on the used market.

In the whole stacks of aircraft on D check i put at the lowest price possible one can be bought, and another one can be leased by accident :)

of course i do this with small value aircraft, i don t know the price of a viscount  to reinvest all the fleet new again .

but for a Douglas DC6B it works just fine for intance, new one are a little more than 4 millions each

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.