Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Flagged Routes and Newby Questions  (Read 1254 times)

Offline johnlattanzio

• Members
Flagged Routes and Newby Questions
« on: January 11, 2011, 06:24:29 AM »
Hi All
    I am new to the game and learning (and enjoying) a lot :-)

Can someone tell me what "flagging" a route does?

Also when I set up routes, in preparation for an aircraft to arrive, I am told I have too few staff even though there is no aircraft to fly the routes? I ignored this since the routes were not active until the plane was delivered...but the lack of staff caused cancellations to my existing operations (Which were 100% staffed). Surely this is a bug?

Finally...with leasing aircraft, the first payment comes out immediately and do monthly payments start when that payment has been used up?

I am having a hard time understanding if I have any money or not :-) I see to have none and yet am still able to buy planes????

Thanks for any help!

John L

Jps

• Former member
Re: Flagged Routes and Newby Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 06:50:09 AM »
Hi!

Flagging a route lifts the route up to the first place in the route list. This is mainly so that you can easily keep an eye on a specific route, if you need to.

When you preschedule, you are required to hire the staff for the aircraft immediately. I suppose it reflects the reality that staff has to be trained before they can actually do the job.  If you want to save on salaries, there's no other way than to schedule the route as late as possible.
If you don't hire all the required staff, you will get cancellations. So, this is not a bug, but a feature.

When you lease an aircraft, you pay for 4 month's lease. In other words, after that payment, you only start to pay for the aircraft's lease after 4 months. So it's exactly as you said.

Hope this helps,

Jps

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:30:46 AM »
   Also when I set up routes, in preparation for an aircraft to arrive, I am told I have too few staff even though there is no aircraft to fly the routes? I ignored this since the routes were not active until the plane was delivered...but the lack of staff caused cancellations to my existing operations (Which were 100% staffed). Surely this is a bug?

When you schedule a route you hire all the necessary people to run it.  Sure you may be doing it a few weeks early, but consider that training time and the price you pay for the convenience of being able to schedule early if you so desire so you don't have to be online right when your plane gets to you.  You have the option of waiting for the plane to arrive if you want.

If you don't hire the necessary people you're basically moving some of your existing employees over to handle (or get ready to handle) this new additional route.  That leaves whatever they were doing a little short-staffed.  You've spread your workforce a little bit thinner.

Offline johnlattanzio

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 11:27:21 AM »
Thanks to you both for replying!

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 03:17:04 AM »
I tend to hire at least one extra ground person (2 if I am running on a minimum turnaround time aot, such as a an LCC). And extra customer service person, even though it creates an overage in personal, it brought my delays down significantly. Usually I leave plenty of extra time for turnarounds, but the game says if a DC-9-10 has a 35 minute turnaround, I'll use it because I have couple extra people at the time and it helps. I notice you still get penalized even if you're following within minimum guidelines. Personally I dont think our stats should be penalized if were arriving and departing with in 15 minutes of schedule, just like the real world. But, not for me to decide... ::)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.