Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Avaiblitylty of airports and planes?  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Blur CEO

• Members
    • Facebook
Avaiblitylty of airports and planes?
« on: January 10, 2011, 06:48:47 PM »
I played this world when it started and got ran out very quickly. I was wondering the level of availability and planes in the world? Could anyone shed some light on this for me?

Online schro

• Members
Re: Avaiblitylty of airports and planes?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 06:54:40 PM »
I played this world when it started and got ran out very quickly. I was wondering the level of availability and planes in the world? Could anyone shed some light on this for me?

Blue Star just bankrupted, so JFK is up for grabs right now (and somewhat LGA/EWR as he had bases there too).

Planes are a bit harder to come by - unless you want a 741, widebodies are tough to get on the used market, but there's a short wait on new build L1011s (though, at a rate of about 10 per year, you're going nowhere fast).  Older narrow bodies are getting easier to come by on the used market depending on what you're looking for.

Fuel is basically free right now, so there's about 0% chance of anyone bankrupting anytime soon.

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 07:42:48 PM »
If you are into medium turboprops, there a LOT of HS 748 2A/2Bs on the market at the moment, ages four to twelve years.  I released a lot when I upgraded to Supers, and I think someone else has been updating too.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »
Also a lot of Fokker 27 & 28 coming out soon.

maumausi

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 08:48:34 AM »
I'd kill for 767-200ER, suits my short runway massively. I can see planes coming and going, especially the 757's snapped up very quick. 767's haven't shown up used at all yet and I'm working hard to get the 5mill a deposit on a new one will require, but the delivery list is huge..

S

Offline PiaDijkstra

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 09:33:42 AM »
I just snaped to 767-200 of the market  8)

The used marked is really starting now! Indeed a higher fuel prize would be interesting. I believe to be ready but will need to see..

Offline MM21

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 06:02:44 AM »
I'd kill for 767-200ER, suits my short runway massively. I can see planes coming and going, especially the 757's snapped up very quick. 767's haven't shown up used at all yet and I'm working hard to get the 5mill a deposit on a new one will require, but the delivery list is huge..

S
Well, we have to wait 5 years for a new 767 from now. Is there any room to uplift the production rate?

maumausi

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 08:23:14 AM »
2 large operators with 233 and 140 planes each have just gone bust, so lets hope there are decent planes on the used market. Now if only I wasn't minus 4 mill so totally unable to lease anything..

S

Online schro

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 01:18:33 PM »
Well, we have to wait 5 years for a new 767 from now. Is there any room to uplift the production rate?

Order l1011s instead. No wait for new ones and actually have equal if not better economics than the 200

maumausi

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »
I would get the L1011 but it needs 2700M of runway and my base has 2100M.

The global statistics lists 2 767-200ERs as "for sale or storage" but looking at used aircraft for sale there are none!

Is there a way for us players to encourage these out of storage and onto the market?

Simon

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 02:31:57 PM »
I would get the L1011 but it needs 2700M of runway and my base has 2100M.

The global statistics lists 2 767-200ERs as "for sale or storage" but looking at used aircraft for sale there are none!

Is there a way for us players to encourage these out of storage and onto the market?

Simon

The L1011 can take off from a shorter runway,  but either with limited range or passengers. So you could fly the plane full, but not as far as normally. Try creating a route from your homebase to where you'd like to fly with the 1011, and you'll see how many pax you can carry (with the basic version, the other variants can carry more).

And no, there is no way to get the planes come sooner. They come when they come... Just hope you are viewing the used aircraft market at that time.
However, I wouldn't suggest trying to get a plane that's so limited; you might later on have very little chance to get more of them, which either forces you to get another fleet type and increase costs for nothing, or you couldn't expand.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.