Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: replacement for 757? and generally curious about all the 787-s...  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Andriy

• Members
I wonder what could be a good (if any) replacement for the 757-s as the model is becoming 30 or so years old.
I have 200+ of 757s and so far they had a stellar performance for me, some making in excess of $1mm per week in profits even with fule in $900-s. So its not that they don't perform but rather I am becoming curious if there could be a better plane already on the market.

However as I look, dont see anything obvious.
737-800 lacks the capacity and does not have the range
737-900 / 900ER could almost match the capacity with high density seating but cost about the same and still lack the range beyound 3100nm while I have lost of flight between Europe and Americas in 3300-3900 range
787-3 costs almost twice, has higher fuel consumption, lower range, more crew, classified as extra large, requires 30% longer runway - and all this for just 20 extra pax...

Anyone has a better idea?

PS: been puzzled by 787 series from a pure stats point, just dont seem to be finding the benefits of them. 787-8 literally has no meaningfull advantage over 767-ER except that it offers 7000nm range vs 6000, but how many routes like that you have in reality?

• Former member
Re: replacement for 757? and generally curious about all the 787-s...
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 04:15:50 AM »
stick with the 757s. just order new ones to replace your fleet

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.