The most STOL aircraft

Started by Meicci, January 09, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Meicci

I noticed that there is an high demand domestic route in Philippines. From Manila to Caticlan to be exact. Only problem is, Caticlan has a runway of only 950 meters.

At MT3, there ain't (at least new) aircraft that can do less than 1100 meters. ATR 42-500 could carry 36 passengers, but is there any better plane for that route? I won't start route there if I won't be able to carry at least 50 passengers / flight..

Jona L.

Try planes with a long range ;)

I flew L. Heathrow to Aberdeen (1850m rwy) with a B744 with no range restrictions. As the route was so short. So try out a B739ER on high MTOW or an A321 with the longest range possible, and your results shouldn't be too bad.

just as an idea.

Jona L.

swiftus27

remember, an airplane can take off light if it doesn't need to carry full tanks. 

Sami programmed this in ages ago. 

jewiden

Realisticly, I don't think you can do 50 pax or more with only 950m. Not sure how the game handles it though, but previous posts suggests there are "unrealistic workarounds".

Here in Norway, the land of the 800m runways, the only option really is the Dash 8-100, which can do 39pax in high density config. (I know even they needed special permits as the requirement were slightly more than 800m. Not sure how it is today.)
(Not counting sub 20 pax a/c like the Dornier 228 or similar)