Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Ticket Prices??  (Read 2312 times)

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
Ticket Prices??
« on: January 08, 2011, 10:26:28 PM »
How can you check the AVG. Ticket price on a route?? How should you set your Prices when you open a NEW Route??

Thanks,
Clement

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: Ticket Prices??
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 11:09:04 PM »
You can't see the pricing.

Just leave your pricing Standard.  There's really no effective price competition in AWS, so lowering it only hurts you.  When you very first start out and both your RI and CI are at, or near, 0 then it may help to cut your pricing 10-20%.  Otherwise never touch it.

Offline iFlysimX

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 11:37:47 PM »
Ok but if i raise the prices wont i get less PAX and if i lower the Prices wont i get more??

Thanks,
Clement

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 05:18:00 AM »
Ok but if i raise the prices wont i get less PAX and if i lower the Prices wont i get more??

Thanks,
Clement

If you raise the price, you will lost all your passenger; if you lower it, no significant increase of passenger though. So, take sigma's advice and stay at standard. That is the best.

What you can do is go to price management and set it to default every time you see the fuel price changes. That will keep you at max passenger level.

dan_chi

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 11:51:45 AM »
How about lowering them for red eye routes that depart late late at night?  What other way is there to increase the LF% on these routes?

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 12:06:09 PM »
How about lowering them for red eye routes that depart late late at night?  What other way is there to increase the LF% on these routes?

The best way is to earn a high CI.  Otherwise, there's little you can do.  Lowering pricing may have a small effect on your LF, but it won't make up the lost ticket revenue (i.e. if you drop pricing 10% and get 5% more pax, there's no point).  If your goal is to move people no matter the cost, go ahead and lower the price for the small increase in LF -- but be aware you're not likely to be stealing them from any competition on the route, you can actually generate a bit of 'extra' demand by excessively lowering your prices, so your competition is barely even affected by it.  If you want to make money, just leave your pricing Standard.

Offline fluffybunny

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 01:39:23 AM »
not meaning to hijack but I have been noticing this lately, and never really figured it out, how if you cant compete on price, or it doesn't work very well, do you get passengers to fly your airline..for example I am flying from A to B then B to A A and B are 250 nm, it has a average demand of 100 passengers, I have a competitor flying from B to A then A to B and he is flying a 80 seat jet and i want to come in with a 40 seat prop and compete.  I know at 250 miles  I am going to be pushing the magical 3 hours in a prop but it is what I can do, how would I best fill those extra 20 seats on my plane that i would have to take from his if not with price then what?  RI and CI?

Lets take another example, same airports as above 250 miles but instead of a demand of 100 passengers I have a demand of 50 passengers, and we both are flying the exact same 40 seat prop and similar times, in the morning leaving at around 8 AM, now I know more than likely either of our planes would be full but how is it decided who gets more passengers?  RI and CI again?  How does price factor in?

Any advice would be appreciated

minerva

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 02:28:05 AM »
Yes, its all about CI and RI.  As Sigma has explained, correctly, perhaps dozens of times, route pricing is not the major determinant for competition, it is your CI and RI.  Hence getting your CI upto 90 and using a smaller capacity plane, but flying the route more frequently than your competition, is the most effective way of taking their Pax and making them your own.  So, investing your marketing money in CI is far more effective than lowering prices or using it on route marketing (which will increase all by itself if you have a lot of frequencies).  The balance to be found is in how small a plane can you use efficiently and without hogging slots.  This is the big dilemma in the current game design.

Caesius

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 06:46:25 AM »
not meaning to hijack but I have been noticing this lately, and never really figured it out, how if you cant compete on price, or it doesn't work very well, do you get passengers to fly your airline..for example I am flying from A to B then B to A A and B are 250 nm, it has a average demand of 100 passengers, I have a competitor flying from B to A then A to B and he is flying a 80 seat jet and i want to come in with a 40 seat prop and compete.  I know at 250 miles  I am going to be pushing the magical 3 hours in a prop but it is what I can do, how would I best fill those extra 20 seats on my plane that i would have to take from his if not with price then what?  RI and CI?

Lets take another example, same airports as above 250 miles but instead of a demand of 100 passengers I have a demand of 50 passengers, and we both are flying the exact same 40 seat prop and similar times, in the morning leaving at around 8 AM, now I know more than likely either of our planes would be full but how is it decided who gets more passengers?  RI and CI again?  How does price factor in?

Any advice would be appreciated
250 NM is nowhere near the practical limits of turboprops. My ATRs are competing with MD80s and F28s up to the range limit, which is 580 NM. As far as i've noticed its really the frequency that does it. I can easily put 3 ATRs on a route where a competitor uses 1 MD80, and make a good profit. If done properly, turboprops can really give your competitor a run for its money!

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 12:07:12 AM »
ok, so i just started after months of the demo and im finally slowly starting to turn torwards break even point. I have one ATR with an expired C and another about to expire but dont have the money for the checks yet so i need to increase profits... but dont tell the FAA that! Ive also lowered my expenses some, but right now the only way out is to increase my profits is with higher lf's at the same ticket price or and increase in ticket price and lf's

when i first started i lowered my tickets down about 15% from standard as all the other sims i have played are more dynamic than what i learned this LF script is. Now after ready this, what is the best way to bring tickets back up? should i just slowly bring the prices up or can i just automatically reset without loosing my LF. Im at about 64% ave, but some of my good routes are on the verge of 80%. 

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 12:11:31 AM »
First off, you're gonna get hit with a pretty hefty fine (and load factor penalty) if you don't do the C check.

Second, you can bring the price to default once the route image gets to 100
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 12:20:53 AM »
i figured that, but there is nothing i can do as it wont let me do them.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 01:25:40 AM »
Auto C check should work as long as your not in the hole for over 1 Mil.

Otherwise, its probably just worth it to Bankrupt. (you get a couple more tries)
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

flightsimer

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 01:32:05 AM »
ya after i posted that i turned it on again and after a day change it finally did it. at -900k somehow though...

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 11:05:31 PM »
You can't see the pricing.

Just leave your pricing Standard.  There's really no effective price competition in AWS, so lowering it only hurts you.  When you very first start out and both your RI and CI are at, or near, 0 then it may help to cut your pricing 10-20%.  Otherwise never touch it.
I have actually found that sporadic 5-10% off fare sale can work wonders on competitive routes. But you have to keep it short and gradually raise prices again. I don't do it often, but never say never.

istanbulairlines

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 11:29:30 PM »

Thanks,
Clement

most commonly if you drop the price you get higher LF and higher profit. thats what i saw so far

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.