Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why do people close down big companies?  (Read 2255 times)

robvanleest

• Former member
Why do people close down big companies?
« on: January 08, 2011, 11:08:18 AM »
Hi,

I see some people closing down companies with well over 100 aircraft right now. I am curious why?  :-\

Did another game world open?
 :-\

Ilyushin

• Former member
Re: Why do people close down big companies?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 11:22:14 AM »
Perhaps something actually went wrong (unlikely) or they just became bored (no slots/too easy).

Offline TK1244

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
I was competing with an airline with over 300 aircraft at three hubs. I was profitable for a long time, but started making losses due to an unknown reason :-\ One or two real days before the bank would shut down my airline, it became profitable again, making more money than before I made losses. But the bank still shut down my airlines :S So that is why my airline with 100+ aircraft disappeared. >:(
TK Regional

damar_cahsolo

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 03:05:18 PM »
Or maybe they just too busy with their personal lives (work, family, school, etc) which enable them to log-in for several days or even weeks. On the same time, they have placed order on number of airplanes. When they log back in, those new airplanes have been sitting there for months (game time) and draining the airlines profitability.

robvanleest

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »
OK ... I see ...

For me, at some point in time, it seems that the game turns more and more into a puzzle because of many restrictions on slots, number of bases and growth. But I would have expected to see a lot of small companies drop out the game at this stage because of being "eaten up" by the bigger ones...

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 12:40:34 PM »
another big reason could be credits running out.
I only have 3 left but can't get any more until I pay off this damn $300 court fee

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 10:55:27 PM »
I am close to running out of credits but payday is tomorrow! (they tell me, LOL!) ;)

MattDell

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 01:41:36 AM »
I closed down the #1 airline in this game a few months ago due to boredom.

Meraki

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 06:11:43 AM »
I get bored. No slots left and nothing to do really. The time between checking on my airline gradually increases and eventually it's not even worth the effort to log in to give pay raises. Staff goes on strike, airline falls apart, meh.

edit: I thought this was the DotM forum. Either way, point's the same.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 06:17:15 AM by Meraki »

Offline [ATA] - lilius

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
This is exactly why sami needs to develop some kind of system of recognition of achievements. A discount on next game if you manage your airline for more than 10 years or just a player history which can show the past performances would do for now. Those are just examples of the possibilities of making players go that extra mile instead of pushing BK to save credits. Someone creative should really work on it as we would all profit from it.

robvanleest

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »
Well .... now it is even getting worse since a new world started. Companies closing down because people are joining the other game world.

I decided to sit out this game although I am very limited with what I can do ... no slots cannot base more aircraft at the other bases. Just change planes to bigger ones and continue.

Offline Gaius Marius

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 01:08:00 AM »
I had a Top 20 airline (300+ a/c) and it started to post losses that I cannot fully explain.  Slowly my cash dwindled until I went into the red and the bank threatened to shut my airline down.  I decided to let it keep going and fired half my staff to see how deep I could get it.  I managed to have negative cash of over $3 billion before it automatically shut down.  Like I said I couldn't figure out why.

Gaius Marius
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.