Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Commonality "Points"  (Read 5843 times)

Offline Wagster

• Members
Re: Commonality "Points"
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2016, 03:19:29 PM »
If you are not a veteran stick to TWO fleet types, not three. Either give up on the small short range turboprops or give up on the long range long haul jets (or give up on medium/large planes in-between).

This is what Sami wants you to do, this is what the veterans want you, new player, to do.

Only veterans can operate three or four fleet types thanks to their inter-alliance plane trading and cheat sheets (plane performance and cost accounting charts, history of best routes from all major airports, entire game length pre-plan of fleet choices, etc.).

The only thing I don't understand is why we have to figure this out the worst way: by adding too many fleet types and going bankrupt.

Just write somewhere, clearly: you can only have two fleet types so that when the time comes to swap them you won't go bankrupt. You may see some airlines with more than two fleet types, these are the superior players who will replace hundreds of planes all at once within 24 real life hours thanks to their alliance helping supply planes. You are not them. You cannot do this. Accept the fact the rules are stacked against you and in their favor.

Offline Seven

• Members
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2016, 01:18:38 AM »
oke,the experianced players are better at this for sure.
But someday we will to if we can keep the fun in it.

Online Teadaze

• Members
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2016, 08:49:55 AM »
if you have 600 aircraft and unable store transition then you are doing something very wrong.

Having 4 type, less limit on base means power player will dominate all major airport. and all other player will either get squashed/forced to take small airport. Then small airport will get overcrowded resulting the game become unplayable. The 'fun' factor will simply be gone.

there is a few thing about alliance cheating etc....
will joining an alliance give you an edge? somewhat.... knowledge from other player, plane trading via used market... etc. But really most of these are do-able if you know people that is willing to teach you(hint again: mentor).

Plane trading helps, but at the same time you have to be rich enough to do it. you can gain massive income by selling popular plane with jacked up price, while the alliance is limited on that level.

(plane performance and cost accounting charts, history of best routes from all major airports, entire game length pre-plan of fleet choices, etc.).
which alliance provide these? I would totally jump ship for them! ;)

Offline Seven

• Members
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2016, 03:39:02 PM »
How many airliners are actually reaching the end form the start?maybe 10-15%?
I see that a total of just over 100 are reaching the end and many of them are later interants,so the airliners who do reach this aren't they the power players already?You call this fun now?seeing always the same names in the top or at the game ends?
Maybe 1 world with a 4th type will give players with less experience also the chance to make an serious attempt at this.
(someone said go and play in beginners world then,but that is just 10years,so before the game actually starts it is finished already)

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2016, 04:57:09 PM »
If you are not a veteran stick to TWO fleet types, not three. Either give up on the small short range turboprops or give up on the long range long haul jets (or give up on medium/large planes in-between).

This is what Sami wants you to do, this is what the veterans want you, new player, to do.

Only veterans can operate three or four fleet types thanks to their inter-alliance plane trading and cheat sheets (plane performance and cost accounting charts, history of best routes from all major airports, entire game length pre-plan of fleet choices, etc.).

The only thing I don't understand is why we have to figure this out the worst way: by adding too many fleet types and going bankrupt.

Just write somewhere, clearly: you can only have two fleet types so that when the time comes to swap them you won't go bankrupt. You may see some airlines with more than two fleet types, these are the superior players who will replace hundreds of planes all at once within 24 real life hours thanks to their alliance helping supply planes. You are not them. You cannot do this. Accept the fact the rules are stacked against you and in their favor.

I would consider myself one of the power players you speak of, yet in 6 1/2 years of AWS I have never replaced more than 100 planes in a 24 hour period, and honestly that number only happened once.  Having a strong alliance helps in AWS, there is no question about that, but going it alone is very possible as long as you plan appropriately. A game is 80 years long. Plan 10 years for each fleet transition and you will be fine.
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2016, 07:14:13 AM »
(.../...)Plan 10 years for each fleet transition and you will be fine.

This. I began replacing CRJs by A148s in 2005, and hope to finish in 2016. I'll have more than 400 A148  when finished. Then I'll replace my 737-400. That's a normal rythm. As long as you stick to 2 niches(in my case, single aisles & regional jets), it's perfectly sustainable. And if you are not in a bad spot, there is always somewhere to flee if you are under price attack.

I'm currently 14th in profit and 19th in company value in GW3. With 2 niches only, and not even very long haul. OK, USA seems to me easier than Europe or other markets(far more regular internal lines, you can industrialize route coverage), but still, it's perfectly manageable. And some alliance are open to players, and have some players able to play the brokering game(therefore doubling your replacing capacity). Still, I'm using my alliance only lightly(21 A148 in 7 game years, that's what, 300M$? trinkets!). Without an alliance, I would do nearly as well. I never replaced more than 6 planes in 24 hours IRL. Never. And I'm in the TOP20!!!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.