Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Looking for 2x Beechcraft C99 to lease  (Read 1216 times)

Offline ACDennison

• Members
Looking for 2x Beechcraft C99 to lease
« on: January 01, 2011, 05:19:01 PM »
Has anyone got a couple spare? According to the global list there are some 43 in storage/for sale, but none on the Used Market.  Aircraft around 3-4 years old preffered, but any considered!  :)

Offline ACDennison

• Members
Re: Looking for 2x Beechcraft C99 to lease
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 12:58:39 PM »
I've leased a couple of 11 year-old B99's to be going on with and operate the routes I was looking at.  They should help get my commonality costs down a little bit to be going on with.

However, I have only got them on one-year lease, and will be looking to replace them with newer C99's as soon as some are available :-\

Ilyushin

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 02:02:38 PM »
Are you actually making a profit with those? Just curious.

Ilyushin

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 02:19:04 AM »
Are you actually making a profit with those? Just curious.

Ilyushin

X2.....?

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 02:35:30 PM »
A marginal one really... I'm now running three types, Beechraft 99 Series, HS 748 Series and 727-200 Advs.  To be honest the Beechcraft have been something of an experiment out of curiosity following the Swiftus Small Airline Test, also inspired by a decreasing number of route options out of my base.

On balance I think I'm actually making a slight overall loss on the Beechcraft, but only becuase of being in three types.  I reckon if I was operating only Beechcraft and HS 748s the Beechcrart would in themselves be profitable.  They do three or four routes each a day, and don't fly 00-06hrs as my base is closed and the 23-00hrs/06-07hrs slots are in demand for my larger a/c.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is a slight economy-of-scale with staffing, I haven't found I need many more staff other than aircrew and ground handlers adding the Beechcraft operation.

They are only on one year lease, so if they cause me drama I'll probably axe them, but I'm hoping to buy them out if they do OK, getting 2mil odd a go for them is easy enough, and I can then have an asset base to back expansion.  I'm still trying to get hold of a couple of C99's for the extra seat and hopefully to replace the aging B99's.

Anyway, having started a couple of years late in my first game, I'm happy my second-ever airline is moderately sucessful, and am taking the chance to try a few ideas out for my first full-length game in the Spring.  I've found running a very effecient schedule to be a big help, even with 8 of 36 a/c not flying at night I'm still the 15th-highest fleet utilisation player.

Edit: Lots of typos...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:37:43 PM by ACDennison »

LOT767

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 11:25:01 PM »
Nice, thanks! I've been having that itch the last couple days to pick up some 19 seaters.....who knows?

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 02:04:38 PM »
Still looking for 2x C99's  ::)

Just to update people on the profitability issue, I now calculate I am actually in slight but genuine profit on these little 'planes, even allowing for increased commonality costs across the board, C-checks etc.  The income from them has risen nicely as my RI have come up, mostly now around the 60 mark, so I'm hoping that by the time RI hits 100 on the routes flown that the whole enterprise ill have been quite worthwhile.

I may even look at adding a 9th a/c if I can get another B99/C99, I think there are probably routes I can use for one more a/c :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 04:44:12 PM by ACDennison »

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 09:23:26 AM »
Got two at different times today on the used market :)

Purchased both, and am planning to use them as security to buy out the leases on the others a couple at a go.  I may consider a third if another is available, got to double check the route options.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:41:21 PM by ACDennison »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.