Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Color code routes already flown within the open new route page  (Read 1497 times)

Talentz

• Former member
Would save so much time. So much reloading is spent checking each destination over and over again. When its 2am, after a 12 hour day and I have 30mins route and switch incoming aircraft before bedtime, cities on the route page all look the same too me. I'm sure its the same for everyone.

In addition, if you could also list what aircraft we fly on that route you'd be my hero for a month I swear.

lol.

Thanks,

Talentz
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:00:20 PM by sami »

Offline Blur CEO

• Members
    • Facebook
Re: Color code routes already flown within the open new route page.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 05:17:53 PM »
+1
I spent 2 hours setting up 20 aircraft the other night. Would save a lot of time.

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:03:19 AM »
+1
I spent 2 hours setting up 20 aircraft the other night. Would save a lot of time.

Ugh; tell me about it!

Also; why not take this further and have an option to make the system highlight routes that are under capacity? This would help me HEAPS!

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »
Only issue with this is that you'd still need to open the route planning popups to view if you are over/under/ok in regards of the estimated demand.

I can have it show if you fly on that route but nothing related to the pax demand.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 01:39:10 AM »
Only issue with this is that you'd still need to open the route planning popups to view if you are over/under/ok in regards of the estimated demand.

I can have it show if you fly on that route but nothing related to the pax demand.

A more useful piece of data beyond yes/no on whether your flying a route would be marketshare.  If marketshare is 0 you're obviously not flying the route, 100 means your the only person on there, and anything in between means you're flying it and may/may not want to add frequency.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 01:43:58 AM »
A more useful piece of data beyond yes/no on whether your flying a route would be marketshare.  If marketshare is 0 you're obviously not flying the route, 100 means your the only person on there, and anything in between means you're flying it and may/may not want to add frequency.

Yeah, that would be great...

And you could use a spectrum of colors to show marketshare: say 0% is red, 50% is pinkish, and 100% is white, or something like that...
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 05:26:13 AM »

Or even better, your supply vs. route demand.

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 05:27:27 AM »

That would make it too easy.
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline lastchancer

• Members
Flag routes in the "Open new route" list
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 10:00:04 PM »

The route demand ist variable. If you open the route page, the pax demand is calculated every time. This takes time and serverload. Imagine you ask for all routes from SFO to destinations in North America and this calculations have to be done for all the airports at the same time.
Loading...  Loading...  Loading... Loading...
Like Sami indicated, only querys to the database can be shown here (they need much less time and serverload). "Route is flown/ not flown by you", "aircraft type" or maybe "number of seats offered by you" woulde be querys. Of course, the more querys have to be done, the longer it takes time to load. But the calculations are the critical points).

But, even if this information woulde be shown, it  dosen´t help that much. It might lead on the rong way as well. Imagine a route is announced as "already flown" with a "B737" and "140seats". Perfect. Really?
What if this route has a demand of~2.000pax/d?!

My suggestion: Possibility to flag routes

Imagine you might mark route with flags in different colours on the "open new route" page. Which colour you choose for what is up to you, so everybody can develop his own sheme.
For exemple:
*green flag: there is free demand on the route
*red flag: demand is already filled
* blue flag: demand fits for my fleet type xyz
*orange flag: never open this route again because it has only zero demand!!
etc.

This means: you only have to go through the list once, mark the routes with flags and the next time you open the list you just have to follow your flags.
Of course, you may re-flag routes for example from green to red when you filled the demand etc.

By the way: flagging might also helpful in other list overviews in aws.
The first that comes to my mind is the used aircraft list. It would be very helpful if you can flag a specific plane. This  could prevent you to click again and again on the B737 with the expired D check in the used market list. Or you could flag acceptable planes that you might acquire at a later point.

sebastiaan333

• Former member
Re: Flag routes in the "Open new route" list
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 07:48:26 PM »

My suggestion: Possibility to flag routes

I think this is the best solution. Part of the fun in this game is the research: spending a good amount of time to discover overlooked routes. A quick overview of demand/supply would make it too easy.

However, an efficient way to sort your research would be excellent. While the research is fun, it's less interesting when you have to redo it. For now, I write down a shortlist of interesting routes. The flag system would allow for much more efficient (time) management.

PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS!!

Thanks,

Seb

mgamb094

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 06:01:00 AM »
This is something that would really improve game play, especially when based out of an airport that has unfamiliar geography. A simple indication showing that the route is served or not would be enough. If you want to investigate the load factors, you should still have to investigate further.

Offline Posller

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 11:48:33 PM »
This is something that would really improve game play, especially when based out of an airport that has unfamiliar geography. A simple indication showing that the route is served or not would be enough. If you want to investigate the load factors, you should still have to investigate further.

Second. Some work to investigate should still be required.

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 10:55:26 PM »
added with new layout

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: [ok] Color code routes already flown within the open new route page
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 12:19:00 AM »
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!11111one1111

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.