Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Marketing on new lines  (Read 3058 times)

Offline brakke

• Members
Marketing on new lines
« on: December 23, 2010, 04:04:05 PM »
Hi all,

I was wondering something: if you order a "used" plane, it will only be delivered within 2 weeks but you can schedule already flights on it, starting as soon as the plane is delivered.

Is it worth to launch marketing for these specific routes (assuming you don't fly on these routes with current planes) to raise route image?
I launched some marketing like that but no increase yet on rout image..

Kris

GDK

• Former member
Re: Marketing on new lines
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 10:59:47 PM »
Not worth!
I think RI will rise only when you fly the route.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 08:00:47 AM »
Never, ever use Route Marketing.

It's a complete waste of money.  You will get to an RI of 100 simply by flying the route.  The decrease in time it takes to get to 100 by spending money is minuscule and its very expensive.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 10:28:03 AM »

It's a complete waste of money.  You will get to an RI of 100 simply by flying the route.  The decrease in time it takes to get to 100 by spending money is minuscule and its very expensive.

Totally agreed.

ACfly

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 01:36:02 PM »

Will this be fixed in the next version?

Offline brakke

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 02:00:29 PM »
Is it the same with the general marketing campains? Does they have an impact on the company image?

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 02:35:40 PM »
Is it the same with the general marketing campains? Does they have an impact on the company image?

General Campaigns are the only thing that can positively effect your Company Image.  Nothing you do, no amount of running the perfect airline or whatever, will positively effect your CI, except spending money on General Campaigns.

No longer paying for your General Campaigns is the primary means of losing CI as well.  Though it can be lost via receiving fines for missing maintenance as well.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:38:12 PM by Sigma »

L1011fan

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 02:15:13 AM »
If you do decide to use a route campaign it can be scheduled up to 4 weeks out at the time you take out your lease. I use them once in a great while if I find a carrier trying to take away alot of market share on a route, but thats about the only time.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.