Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Use of 707/720  (Read 1519 times)

Knos

• Former member
Use of 707/720
« on: December 16, 2010, 08:17:20 AM »
Just trying plan to get a jet fleet and I am looking at 707/720s. However from Ecuador to LAX we I go to open the route (for planning pruposes) it comes up with no payload or runway limits. However, I have checked the stats for both ends and the runway is ok and the range is also good. Am I missing something? Not sure why the message is coming up so any help would be appreciated. Im getting close to leasing my first but wanna make sure it will be able to fly the routes.

Also if anyone has a suggestion on other a/c im open to suggestions. Thanks for help in advance.

Willo

Offline PiaDijkstra

• Members
Re: Use of 707/720
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 08:27:53 AM »
you say "no payloads or runway limits"; what is your problem?

The warning is for all kinds of 707's, make sure to pick the right variant.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 09:31:34 AM »
The word 'no' telling you that the aircraft you using is capable to fly this route.

You would like to ask why the message pop out since there is no limitation. That is because some weight variant of the aircraft is limited by range.

Knos

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 10:24:38 AM »
Ok GDK, I see what your saying. Its just that I find it unsual as its lists every single different variant, most saying "no payloads or runways limits" while others are saying for example "payload limited to 118pax as runway limits or payload/range". This may seem straight forward and chose the variants that have limited payload as it can fly the route, but where I am getting confused is that the a/c I wish to fly is the 707-320 or the 720B both meet the runway requirements and range, but still say no payload or runway limits. My interpretation of the warning means that these aircraft can't fly the route. Is this right or is the warning more a general thing that doesnt really apply? Im just not sure. Apologies if I have made things more confusing.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 10:55:18 AM »
Ok GDK, I see what your saying. Its just that I find it unsual as its lists every single different variant, most saying "no payloads or runways limits" while others are saying for example "payload limited to 118pax as runway limits or payload/range". This may seem straight forward and chose the variants that have limited payload as it can fly the route, but where I am getting confused is that the a/c I wish to fly is the 707-320 or the 720B both meet the runway requirements and range, but still say no payload or runway limits. My interpretation of the warning means that these aircraft can't fly the route. Is this right or is the warning more a general thing that doesnt really apply? Im just not sure. Apologies if I have made things more confusing.

Generally, there are many weight variants of the same aircraft, capable of flying different amount of miles. The warning mentions the most limited variant, usually the standard weight variant. With extra payload, the aircraft can have more range, and you should always check the actual range of the aircraft versus the range of the route. So even if the warning says a 707 can't fly the route, there may still be some variants of that 707 that can fly the route.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:43:56 AM »
So, the final answer is - no limitation. You can fly this route with your aircraft. :)

Knos

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 02:38:09 PM »
Thank you!! :D

Nice to know.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.