Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: question about domestic demand in China  (Read 799 times)

Offline coopdogyo

• Members
question about domestic demand in China
« on: December 12, 2010, 07:03:59 PM »
I currently have three hubs running in China. At my ZGGG and ZSSS hubs domestic demand seems normal about 200 passengers a day to the smaller airports and anywhere from 500-2000 passengers a day at the larger airports. I opened my third base at ZUUU which is the forth largest airport in China however I have found that there are only about 50 passengers a day to pretty much every airport in china that is not larger than ZUUU to airports  ZBAA,  ZGGG, ZGSZ,and ZSSS the demand seems normal but when you fly to any of the other other airports in china you have to use 50 seat props. There are other airlines that are based in smaller airports such as ZHHH and they have 100 or 140 passengers a day  to airports where I have 40 or 50  passengers a day.
Take ZWWW for example. ZHHH-ZWWW has demand of 140 passengers a day while ZUUU-ZWWW has demand of 50 passengers a day. Anyone know why this is?

• Former member
Re: question about domestic demand in China
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 11:39:09 PM »
Maybe the pax flow is different at the 2 airports.
ZHHH has 95% domestic demand while ZUUU has 90%.

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 02:19:06 AM »
Hi CEO of AirRyania  8),

I think your concern on ZUUU is worth discussing. If you go to study the demand for the airports which A BIT SMALLER than ZUUU, e.g. ZLXY, ZUCK, ZJHK, you will find that the domestic demand is STRONGER than ZUUU. I think it is very strange.
That's why i moved my airlines to ZBAA at the very beginning of the game  :-\
Anyway i think ZUUU had EXTRA PAX demand from the int'l short haul, such as RKSS, RJAA, WSSS. And the demand to the four biggest airport ZBAA, ZSSS, ZGGG, ZGSZ, is larger for ZUUU than any other airports. I think it is the reason why the DEMAND % is higher but the REALISTIC domestic demand is lower in ZUUU.

Wish you Happy In Flying in CHINA,  :laugh:

CEO of Humphreys Airline

Offline coopdogyo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 03:11:36 AM »
I believe ZPPP has the same problem. ZUUU is 90 percent domestic while being 63% of pax while ZHHH is 95% it only has 46% of pax. When I say 46 amd 63% I am talking about the bar. The problem is that ZUUU only has about 100-130 pax daily on the big international routes.

Offline ACDennison

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 03:29:33 AM »
Maybe the indicator bar could be broken into segments for domestic/short/longhaul to show relative demand at an earlier stage...?  Or would that overtax the way demand is currentlly modelled?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.