Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: where is everybody  (Read 1566 times)

Offline PiaDijkstra

• Members
where is everybody
« on: December 11, 2010, 09:46:38 AM »
To my surprise more and more players bail out. We are down to 420 players now, a while ago it was close to 500. Weird 

GDK

• Former member
Re: where is everybody
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 10:56:03 AM »
It is normal.

Big guys are getting bored while many other will feel 'there is impossible for late comers to survive' after a few failure and they just quit.

Offline Herman

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 11:01:49 AM »
Many have gone bankrupt due to the high fuel prices

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 11:17:31 AM »
Yea it is high but should not be a problem unless you fly some fuel burner carrying people.

Offline PiaDijkstra

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 01:37:23 PM »
I thought 1000USD was high... This is nothing

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 03:26:45 PM »
Of course $270 is nothing compared to $1000 but it also killing when people are flying not so 'fuel efficient' aircraft of the old day.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 04:50:21 PM »
Most of the aircraft in this game aren't significantly worse than whats available in the 2000's from a fuel burn perspective.  The real quantum leap is from the jet age originals to this second generation. I think people get frustrated with the lack of range and the lack of an "easy" plane type choice since manufacturers weren't as boring back then.

Its actually quite hard in this scenario and Jet Age to pick the right plane for your base and intended missions. If you chose the wrong plane type or utilize it incorrectly, you won't do well. In a 2000 era game, most will choose 737 or A320 and it will fly every mission they want just fine. There's no thought as far as the capabilities and advantages/disadvantages of each plane.

For example, if I decided to roll with DC-9's in LAX I would be lucky to be able to utilize a couple dozen of them before running out of options of cities with demand (assuming no tech stops). However, chosing the DC-9 in Atlanta would give you the ability to have hundreds of them in service due to the east coast being more densly populated than the left.

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 10:53:13 PM »
I agree with schro, picking your type in earlier scenarios is the key.
Like in Jet Age, I opted for the Brittanias instead of a jet as my base in Birmingham has a relatively short runway and not enough demand for those larger, long range jet.

Offline Tom14cat14

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 08:23:53 PM »
I was up to around third largest and i go sick of the time it took and how repetitive it became filling out the routes. I already forgot when i dropped out. but thats why i did it.
APB Airlines

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.