Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: marketing, again  (Read 1137 times)

Sandager

• Former member
marketing, again
« on: December 10, 2010, 05:34:41 AM »
 I most have missed something. I thought the more you spent on marketing, the better your company image gets. all other factors remaining the same.
 I recently changed my marketing campaign from my country, Myanmar/Burma, to my region, Asia. At the same time I upgraded my  campaign. Or at least the money spent. I spent about 1.8 million, now it is about 2,5 million a week. More than 1/3 extra. And what happened to my CI? It went down by 5 points. Any reason as to why that is so?

Offline Frogiton

• Members
Re: marketing, again
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 05:43:21 AM »
Delays/Cacellations? Any unhappy staff, or bad aircraft maintenance will also screw that up.
No replacement for displacement

Sandager

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 05:57:54 AM »
 Nope. Nothing.
 I schedule my fligths with a turn around time that leaves the chance of delay at less than 1 %. And the delays seems to be the same.
 Staff salary is as suggested. I don't manually change it. And aircraft maintenance is scheduled, so no fines or anything like that. So I really don't see why this is....

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 07:46:22 AM »
It is hard to explain how it happened but I got that problem too in Jet Age #2. It will go up slowly.
However, it is hard to get your CI to very high value of says 90 or 100%

Sandager

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 08:17:19 AM »
 I know that if you want your CI above 90 it is gonna cost you. But mine went from 75 down to 70. But now, finally, after two months it seems to slowly increase again. Actually I am not sure if it is because I changed the campaign. I suspect not. I jst added another tiny campaign in my home country

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 09:57:51 AM »
Probably. I got that problem after upgrading my marketing campaign too. I guess it was because I terminate the campaign and start a new one.

Sandager

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 10:05:12 AM »
 I don't think it has to do with terminating a campaign and starting a new one. I let mine run out and then started another one.
 But two months at 2.5 million a week and the CI continue to drop seems wrong.... But anyway it has changed now..... Either way it is just a game......

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 12:21:41 PM »
Then yours is quiet weird. But s***s just happen... :laugh:

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 12:33:29 PM »
If you added new aircraft or routes around the time you switched the campaigns, you could end up paying more but getting less benefit from the campaign because your company got bigger.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 04:12:04 PM »
Don't upgrade (or change) campaign.  You will lose money and possibly CI while doing it.  Just start an additional campaign.  You can start up to 5.

The only time to change / upgrade campaign is when all 5 campaigh slots are used.  Just upgrade the one with the lowest amount in that case.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 04:52:18 PM »
If you added new aircraft or routes around the time you switched the campaigns, you could end up paying more but getting less benefit from the campaign because your company got bigger.

Possibly best ever answer to clear our doubts.

Don't upgrade (or change) campaign.  You will lose money and possibly CI while doing it.  Just start an additional campaign.  You can start up to 5.

The only time to change / upgrade campaign is when all 5 campaigh slots are used.  Just upgrade the one with the lowest amount in that case.

I only terminate campaign when I used up all 5 slots.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.