Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: AN-158  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Frogiton

• Members
AN-158
« on: December 10, 2010, 12:57:57 AM »
I think the Antonov 158 could actually be a successful Russian Airliner if people caught on. Compare it to the E-190STD and it holds just 8 people less, gets the same mileage, but costs over 25% less.
No replacement for displacement

GDK

• Former member
Re: AN-158
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 07:42:17 AM »
I'm not familiar with this aircraft, but I think the fuel burn and maintenance cost will be a big issue.

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 01:02:52 AM »
Same fuel burn.

Offline Name_Omitted

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 03:13:37 AM »
It's actually a good aircraft... and until you brought it up, one with a short line!   >:(

Actually, I am really hoping someone who has an older airline will have a nice, long production run to keep the line open for another 2-3 years for when I really take off.

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 03:29:27 AM »
same for the real world too. Its one of those new Russian types that stands a chance competing with western types if only the manufacturers can provide more (or in some cases even start to offer) after-sales support.

Offline Andriy

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 09:48:02 AM »
AN-158 objective is replacing aging soviet equipment, like Tu154/134 & Yakovlev 40/42. There are hundreds if not thousands of those still around, mostly in Russia. And it was designed to fly in tough conditions, in can be operated & repaired in the airports where Boeings and Airbuses would be  scared even to come around:))
Unfortunately this is not factored in AWS - you can still fly some state-of-the-art new Airbus into the provincial Russian airport with no problems

The biggest competitor for AN158 are actually not the boeing/airbus/embraer but rather Russian Sukhoj Super Jet, which theoretically could be a match for it, but in practice has suffered major delays, already 3-4 years late and has not even started commercial opperation. Funny enough, Russian Government preffered Antonov 158 over SSJ for its airfleet... this tells something:)

PS: this all said, AN-158 would never manage to be a successful Russia plane as ... it's a Ukrainian aircraft, desineg & built by Antonov, same guys who did worlds biggest cargo planes AN124 and AN225

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 01:15:52 PM »
I have a sizeable fleet of AN-148's and launched the -158. I have had a lot of success with these aircraft and would operate them in a minute again, no matter where in the world I base. They held up very well with the $1000 gas spike recently. All but 1 contunued to turn nice profits, and the 1 that didnt is operating on a mrginal route with load factors around 70%. A couple months ago, I did a cost comparison for both the AN-140 (compared it to the similar ATR-42) and the AN-148E (compared to the EMB-175LR) and found that, based on a 7 year lease, for each respective aircraft fuel would have to climb over $1200-$1800 for the slightly higher fuel burn and maintainance costs to make the plane equal to their respective comperable aircraft. Ill take a $20 million plane that can fly 2120nm with 70 pax over a $38 million plane that can fly 2120nm with 76 passengers any day. The divverence in fuel burn on the -148 compared to the -175 is about 40kgs/hour, IIRC. Hardly enough to offset a lease that is $250k a month more expensive.....

Of course, by posting things like this I fear the plane may catch on in future game worlds, but if it does, it means the line for EMB's is shorter, so everyone wins  :)

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 03:32:32 PM »
You're not in any danger of long A-158 production lines, there's only 26 orders but If I was in need of them I would definently order a bunch of them, or if my airline goes bankrupt, which doesn't seem like will happen anytime soon. But I'm surprised it hasn't caught on a lot more because it has the exact same stats basically as the E-190 and costs 11 million less.

Offline Name_Omitted

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 03:08:25 AM »
Now you've done it.  The used market has completely dried up! >:( ;)

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 04:27:19 AM »
Antonov should pay me some royalties  ;).

Offline Name_Omitted

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 05:36:56 PM »
Well... I've been reduced to actually buying new.  But it's Russian tin, so that's still cheaper than decent quality used elsewhere (if I have to buy new, I may as well fish for others to keep the line open until the end of the game).  8) 8)

Offline markyezy

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 07:56:08 AM »
But the nice thing about the Emb is that you can buy the three different planes moving more people and retain your fleet type.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.