Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Why? Why? Why?  (Read 2410 times)

Offline LaChung

• Members
Why? Why? Why?
« on: December 08, 2010, 04:57:05 PM »
At first, I was not indented to writing a new thread here. However I don;t know why, there is still no reply after I have sent two or more messages to sami in the past few days.

I don't know why my competitor, Air Atlantis is occupying 40% of slot of RJTT, which is a double of his market share. (Please refer to here: http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Slots/RJTT/)  And I don't know why he is using hundreds of thousands of small planes, mainly propeller aircraft with ~50 seat like F27, flying on different "big" routes with 6000 pax demand a day like this: http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Planning/RJTT/RJFF/

Can anyone tell me how to deal with this kind of situation? If these situation is still going on, I think I am going to bankrupt because of no slot left for me.  :(

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
Re: Why? Why? Why?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 05:33:16 PM »
Well there is not anything you can do, as long as he is not flying more than 200% of the demand he is not doing anytning wrong as the game rules are right now.

By flying smal planes and alot of route he will get the most of the market share on the route he is flying because pax preferes frequences.

You can't do anything else beside do the same as he is.

Thats unfortunatley how the game is right now.

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 05:43:53 PM »
Well there is not anything you can do, as long as he is not flying more than 200% of the demand he is not doing anytning wrong as the game rules are right now.

By flying smal planes and alot of route he will get the most of the market share on the route he is flying because pax preferes frequences.

You can't do anything else beside do the same as he is.

Thats unfortunatley how the game is right now.
Actually, this kind of situation will not be happened because no one will allow a airline company to hold the slots like this. Slot is important resources in both game and real world. Using small aircraft flying 100 times/day to occupy the slots.

At least, in the game rule, Sami left a sentence "Administration can identify these "slot hogging" cases and these were just some examples of the unallowed practices." Thus, we should not desperate about this situation.
Doing the same things as him, isn't really playing a simulation game.

Offline PiaDijkstra

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 11:13:26 AM »
You are being out performed by someone how is playing it smarter than you. Or compete in an even smarter way or take your lose.

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »
You are being out performed by someone how is playing it smarter than you. Or compete in an even smarter way or take your lose.

No, he's competing with someone who knows how to exploit the bugs in AWS to their advantage. Not slot hogging, not oversupply but you have a ****load of slots when you want them and using the pax preference of frequency over everything else running competitors into the ground with an entirely unrealistic operation.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:55:20 PM by Dave4468 »

Online bdnascar3

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 01:40:44 PM »
I think this exposes a fundamental problem.....is this a game or a simulation? If its a game then it's a perfectly acceptable way to play. If it's a simulation then it is a underhanded shady way to do business.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »
Guys, this issue have been repeated endlessly. I believe the admin is on it and need some time to get it right.

As a player, what we can do is play it the better way. Sharing while competing healthily.

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 03:52:28 PM »
Guys, this issue have been repeated endlessly. I believe the admin is on it and need some time to get it right.

As a player, what we can do is play it the better way. Sharing while competing healthily.

It has but nothing ever seems to be done about it. Maybe it takes time to create a new slot model but it cant be hard to manually add slots in current games.

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 04:26:07 PM »
No, he's competing with someone who knows how to exploit the bugs in AWS to their advantage. Not slot hogging, not oversupply but you have a ****load of slots when you want them and using the pax preference of frequency over everything else running competitors into the ground with an entirely unrealistic operation.
so it is the time to introduce something on improper us on slots ;)

I can tell you my anger on this can split HND into two ;)

Online [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 04:39:18 PM »
It has but nothing ever seems to be done about it. Maybe it takes time to create a new slot model but it cant be hard to manually add slots in current games.

Adding more slot is not fixing the problem, it is just delaying it.

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 04:40:16 PM »
Adding more slot is not fixing the problem, it is just delaying it.

Exactly, a temporary fix until the core of the problem is fixed.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 04:47:54 PM »
Slot numbers won't be "tampered" .... (and won't be increased for future games either; but thoughts have been made to improve the slot allocation system so that it's not a race from the start)

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2010, 05:01:27 PM »
Slot numbers won't be "tampered" .... (and won't be increased for future games either; but thoughts have been made to improve the slot allocation system so that it's not a race from the start)

What sort of changes? Surely it will always be this massive race. Maybe one idea would be to change the used market so it produces more larger aircraft early on so we don't have the situation of airlines eating up slots by using huge fleets of small aircraft.

This can't just be left with admin saying 'a solution is being thought about', every new game that starts with that being said is just another game where a lot of players have their games ruined because of slots and slot grabbing.

I'm sure I'm not the only player who has had a realistic airline run into the ground by someone deciding to meet a 500 pax a day routes demand using 30 seat aircraft.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 05:12:42 PM »
Make the airport(slots) grow as the airlines based there grow? And restrict the amount of slots allowable for each airlines accordingly to their pax transfer rate?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 05:23:54 PM »
(You should see the feature req's forum and related threads/talking there "to get an idea of the ideas"...)

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 05:56:45 PM »
so sami let me ask a question, maybe this is the most importent question: are you going to take any immediate action on this kind of situation? ;)

we can talk about the long term solution later in a more detail way, but now I only want to know what will you do if somebody flood the route with 50 seats planes on one of the biggest route in AWS ;)

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 06:00:07 PM »
Thats the million pound question.

Peanutoil

• Former member
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 07:20:08 PM »
This kind of strategies, although not defined as "slot hogging" by sami, is TOTALLY RUINING the SIMULATION! If you treat AWS as a game, it's definitely okay. But if you treat AWS as simulation, you must think it is totally unacceptable!

Peanutoil

vitongwangki

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 07:25:39 PM »
http://www.airwaysim.com/game/Routes/Airport/RJFF/RouteMap/

I think this link is fairly clear that Air Atlantis is hogging the slot. Flying over 110flights/day is reasonable?
Can anyone believe this is a normal practice of an airline company?
I believe I am not playing BusSim or MetroSim.

takasito

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 09:00:29 PM »
It takes 3 hours on props, 2 hours on jets. However, AI travelers prefer frequency? If I were a passenger, I would most likely to choose to fly on 50% less flight time.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.