Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Let's pray for lower fuel price  (Read 1553 times)

GDK

• Former member
Let's pray for lower fuel price
« on: December 08, 2010, 07:38:36 AM »
It was 175 USD per 1000kg when I started my airline.
Now the jet fuel price stand firm at 243 USD with raise of 2-4% weekly, and no sign of getting down.... :(
It might kill me....

Offline [ATA] Sunbao

• Members
    • FmFreaks
Re: Let's pray for lower fuel price
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 12:41:46 PM »
Now the jet fuel price stand firm at 243 USD with raise of 2-4% weekly, and no sign of getting down.... :(
It might kill me....

Thats just not high fuel prices ;)
If your company not can take a little fuel price up it really has no future

zorbon

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 04:24:31 PM »
let us pray for high fuel prices... I don't own any russians or 707s so i'm safe ;)

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 06:47:18 PM »
let us pray for high fuel prices... I don't own any russians or 707s so i'm safe ;)

Lol....
I just started using 707 for long haul and that is where the pain come from.
But I got no choice...

zorbon

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 12:22:14 AM »
I thought about it a few times my self, but every time my mouse hovers over one, my will power takes over and I slide the mouse away...

"I'll fill another 60 pax route" I grumble to my self...

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 12:37:23 AM »
Loads of large bankruptcies I noticed today, including the (formerly) biggest airline in the game.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 03:43:38 AM »
Fuel prices are far too low. I think they're a good 40% below historical prices right now and are set such that most folks can print money.  Before the competition in my base lessened up, I was averaging 66-68% loads with not so fuel efficient planes, maintaining a 90+ CI and waging a huge war all while still making a few million bucks per week. That should have bankrupted me....

Loads of large bankruptcies I noticed today, including the (formerly) biggest airline in the game.

Based on what metric?  Dantes has been the biggest in every metric for a very long time...

The root cause of the big bankruptcy wasn't fuel prices, it was competition ;-).

coopdogyo

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 05:41:57 AM »
It might kill me....
Hopefully it does.  ;D

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 06:25:23 AM »
Hopefully it does.  ;D

Haha....
Sorry mates.
I started late and can't find anywhere better than ZGGG. I tried starting with those 40~60 pax route which you not flying and now they are all filled up. No choice but got to compete with you.

My planning was to fly ultra long haul to avoid clashing with your well established route network but tech stops kill me. Again, competition.... Will be getting tough for me :'(

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 12:57:33 AM »
Fuel prices are far too low. I think they're a good 40% below historical prices right now and are set such that most folks can print money.  Before the competition in my base lessened up, I was averaging 66-68% loads with not so fuel efficient planes, maintaining a 90+ CI and waging a huge war all while still making a few million bucks per week. That should have bankrupted me....

Based on what metric?  Dantes has been the biggest in every metric for a very long time...

The root cause of the big bankruptcy wasn't fuel prices, it was competition ;-).

I was talking about Dan's contemporary at Atlanta. Wasn't sure who of the two of them was ahead.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.