Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Dilemma with passengers upgrading from Y to C to F  (Read 1063 times)

Jps

• Former member
Dilemma with passengers upgrading from Y to C to F
« on: December 04, 2010, 10:18:53 AM »
So, I have a 738 configured with 138,10,3 seats flying a 98NM-route with over 200 Y passenger demand, but no C or F demand. I have no competition, and my route image is 18. I'm offering all the seats (Y, C and F) for the same price, which is under the suggested Y price. My LF for Y is 50-80%, mostly between 60 and 70. But, I get no C or F class passengers.

Now, because I'm a new company, it's normal that I don't get that high LF. But, if I am offering the C and F class seats for the same price, you would expect the passengers to first fill up those, regardless of the company or route image. At least I would, if I could choose to fly in C or F for the same price. Therefore I think there is something wrong with the passenger algorithms, that should be looked closely.

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
Re: Dilemma with passengers upgrading from Y to C to F
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 03:02:35 PM »
So, I have a 738 configured with 138,10,3 seats flying a 98NM-route with over 200 Y passenger demand, but no C or F demand. I have no competition, and my route image is 18. I'm offering all the seats (Y, C and F) for the same price, which is under the suggested Y price. My LF for Y is 50-80%, mostly between 60 and 70. But, I get no C or F class passengers.

Now, because I'm a new company, it's normal that I don't get that high LF. But, if I am offering the C and F class seats for the same price, you would expect the passengers to first fill up those, regardless of the company or route image. At least I would, if I could choose to fly in C or F for the same price. Therefore I think there is something wrong with the passenger algorithms, that should be looked closely.

AWS doesnt not model passengers upgrading.
Well it does; just to a very small extent and there has to be SOME existing C/F demand already on the route. Pax will not merely upgrade from Y-F; even though in reality they may.

Reconfigure the aircraft; and you will be much better off  8)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 11:08:23 AM »
AWS doesnt not model passengers upgrading.
Well it does; just to a very small extent and there has to be SOME existing C/F demand already on the route. Pax will not merely upgrade from Y-F; even though in reality they may.

Reconfigure the aircraft; and you will be much better off  8)
Well, no point in reconfiguring when 2/3 of the routes it flies have C and F demand...
It's just stupid not to be able to utilize all the seats even though in real life you could..

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 03:34:58 PM »
It's just stupid not to be able to utilize all the seats even though in real life you could..

I couldnt agreed more!
From what ive read previously; Sami is looking at introducing something like this into a future version  8)

altmants

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 08:37:34 AM »
yea, it does sound stupid. I agree with you completely!

I think what they could so is sell the first/business class seats as economy seats on routes with no First/Business demand.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 05:11:59 PM »
I have an update...
As my CI and RI have risen, I've actually started to get some passengers upgrading from Y to C and even F. This on a route with absolutely no C or F demand, and all ticket prices the same.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.