Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Recomandation for my next step?  (Read 1457 times)

videre

• Former member
Recomandation for my next step?
« on: December 01, 2010, 10:51:41 PM »
Played another airlinesimulation before, but this one has more feutures and are more "real", so quite interesting.

Well, I started out with 2 E170's and finaly making some money. I lost money for the first 1 1/2 months so I am not in financial situation to lease another aircraft yet. But when I do, should I stick with the E170's or similar size aircraft, or maybe go for an A318?

I have these routes:
KLGA - KATL - KLGA  3times a day, LF above 80%. (scheduled 2 on "aircraft1" and 1 on "aircraft2")
KLGA - KORD - KLGA, 2times a day, LF above 80% on one, and 70% on the other. (scheduled on "aircraft1")
KLGA - KDFW - KLGA, 1 time a day, LF 69% and rising. (scheduled on "aircraft2")
KLGA - KDEN - KLGA, 1 time a day, LF  69% and rising. (scheduled on "aircraft2")

Im thinking about making my next aircraft an KLGA-KATL only, and rise this to 4 times a day, and then making "aircraft1" and "aircraft2" to both going KLGA -KORD, KLGA-KDFW, KLGA-KDEN 1 time a day each. (giving the same amount of seats to KORD as today, and doubling to KDFW and KDEN).

Is this a good plan?
Any other alternatives?
Will 4 times a day with an A318 to KTAL be owerkill, so that I should get another E170 (or similar size) ?

videre

• Former member
Re: Recomandation for my next step?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 11:30:51 PM »
HAHA! Gues I'm a fool by typing company secrets in the forum :P I just got an 3times a day A320 competition on the KLGA - KATL - KLGA route :P He is realy putting the big gun in. I might just drop that route then :P

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 06:33:08 PM »
You seem to have a good strategy there. However, I recommend sticking to just 1 fleet type, so the Embraer 170/190 -fleet. That's because a second aircraft type will increase your overhead costs like maintenance and staff greatly, whereas adding another aircraft of the same fleet further decreases those costs. Furthermore, since the Embraer has fewer seats, you are able to cramp more flights on your routes, thus having a larger frequency than that of the competition, so you will get more pax compared to him.

Also, it's always good to first fill up one route at the time, instead of flying to multiple destinations one times per day. So only add another destination after you are offering as many seats on the routes as there is demand.

videre

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 05:48:21 AM »
I recommend sticking to just 1 fleet type, so the Embraer 170/190 -fleet. That's because a second aircraft type will increase your overhead costs like maintenance and staff greatly, whereas adding another aircraft of the same fleet further decreases those costs.

will an E190std or an E195std have that same effect (decreasing the cost), or do it have to be an E170std

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 12:13:27 PM »
will an E190std or an E195std have that same effect (decreasing the cost), or do it have to be an E170std

Yes any Embraer 170/175/190/195 will reduce costs as they are all part of the same fleet group. The E-195 is a good shout, it is generally viewed to be a profitable aircraft.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

videre

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 12:58:49 PM »
Good :)

Althoug, I think im bankrupt soon :p lol, either that or my 7 days in the demo goes out before I get money to lease another aircraft.

For my next game Im thinking about "copying" Widerĝe, an domestic/commuter turboprop airliner in Norway with few international routes. Might not be the most profiting project though. For this project I might go for the D8Q400 as Widerĝe does in real life, although I love the look of the Embraer Ejets, both the 140/145 and the 170/175/190/195 (and you never see those in Norway in real life). You guys think it's an "overkill" to use 145 on routes where an real life airliner use D8Q400? (Jets are more expensive, although, they can make more routes a day)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 01:09:35 PM »
You guys think it's an "overkill" to use 145 on routes where an real life airliner use D8Q400? (Jets are more expensive, although, they can make more routes a day)
You won't get much looking at real world airlines; the statistics are so different here and irl (eg. demand, and how it is handeled) that it won't give you much help. So even if Wideroe is using Q400s, using them here could result in bankruptcy.
The best bet for you is to compare the demand and length of the routes with different aircraft, and especially their seat capacity and fuel consumption.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.