Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: airport slots  (Read 666 times)

• Former member
airport slots
« on: December 01, 2010, 05:17:47 PM »
 Just wondering where the amount of slots and capability comes from.
 I operate out of RGN, Yangon. In this game a maximum of 3 departures/hour is available. Just looking at departures for tomorrow for RGN, between 0600-0700 LT there are 12 flights departing. So seems the maximum of 3 departures/hour is not really realistic

• Former member
Re: airport slots
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »
The statistics come from users who have submitted real world airport data. I suppose those also include the number of operations per hour. Those statistics are from around year 2006, I think and are then scaled based on the game year.
If you think an airport has more operations IRL than in the game given the current year in game, try to find accurate data about it and submit it to Sami.

• Former member
Re: airport slots
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 06:23:04 PM »
But this one states the capacity will be increased to 5 departures/hour after completion of the expansion

I quick check on though gives a different story. I only checked domestic departures for tomorrow, december 2nd. a total of 12 departures are listed between 6-7AM. A crosscheck with the airlinewebsites kind of backs this up. Air Bagan has 5 departures, confirmed with their website. Air Mandalay got 1 departure, Yangon Airways got 1 departure. This adds up to 7 departures. Then flightstats mentions Myanma Airways departures, total of 4 departures between 6AM-7AM. This can not be confirmed as I haven't been able to find a reliable website for Myanma Airways. Not surprised as it is a government run airline.  (Funny enough it was impossible to find anyone who would sell me a ticket on Myanma Airways flights. whether they found it unsafe or they just don't accept foreigners I don't know, but I couldn't buy a ticket for Myanma Airways flights, in 2005)
 Anyway, flightstats gives me 7 confirmed departures in 1 hour, and 11 unconfirmed departures in 1 hour.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 06:28:42 PM by Sandager »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.