Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Parking Airplanes  (Read 937 times)

joecuro

• Former member
Parking Airplanes
« on: November 30, 2010, 03:42:18 PM »
So In this game world I started off with a single 738.  Then I decided that it was a little too big for the routes I was running and ordered a bunch of E195s.  At this point I have 4 Embraers and the one Boeing.  The 738 is costing me 423,000 in mx per month and 120,000 for the engines, plus the lease of 800,000 per month.  Total =  1,343,000 monthly.  In comparison my 4 Embraers are costing 536,000 per month for mx and engines.

Problem is the 738 is only generating about 170,000 per week for profit.  Would I be better off removing the routes and firing all the corresponding employees, saving the fuel, line mx, etc?  I realize that I will still be paying the lease but to terminate right now would cost 20,000,000 that I don't have.  Is this possible?  I'd rather just have the thing gone, but what is the next best option?  Opinions?

I know there's probably a bunch of people looking for a good 737-800 right now.  Too bad there's no option in the game to take over a lease... 

Ilyushin

• Former member
Re: Parking Airplanes
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »
If it makes a profit, why do you want to get rid of it?

joecuro

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 04:38:06 PM »
Because it's killing my commonality and the profits are much smaller than what I'm paying for the extra mx and personnel costs.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 04:39:50 PM »
Even if the aircraft is parked, it will still cost you a fortune in commonality costs. The only costs you will save by parking it are the staff costs.

joecuro

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 05:01:48 PM »
You're right.  I just experimented with that.  For some reason I thought clearing the schedule and stopping mx would remove it from the commonalty list, but it doesn't.  I just moved some flights around and hopefully it's on routes now that will help cover up the costs.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 09:40:32 PM »
You're right.  I just experimented with that.  For some reason I thought clearing the schedule and stopping mx would remove it from the commonalty list, but it doesn't.  I just moved some flights around and hopefully it's on routes now that will help cover up the costs.

I would just keep flying it until the lease expiration...  At least you will get some revenue generation to pay for the expenses...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.