Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Difficult world  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Erik

• Members
Difficult world
« on: November 28, 2010, 06:58:52 PM »

I have had a real hard time at this World.
First I started out in Dubai, where i offered daily flights to the neighboring countries to such as Doha, Muscat, Riyad, etc... which gave me a proft, 3 months later, it went down like a waterfall.
Then i declared bankruptcy, and started new in Munich, conquering the big airlines there, which i saw a stupid thing, and declared bankruptcy.
Then i started up in Oman, where i got along quite well for 3 years, then my profit went down, operating with 7 767's and 1 777, then i had to perform the common act, declare " " " "
So now i am operating an airline, trying my last chance.

So, are there any tips and hints you expert's have? if you do, please share:) Appreciate it very much.

Offline romeozulu

• Members
Re: Difficult world
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 10:25:05 PM »

Why did you bankrupt after 3 years ??

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 08:11:39 AM »
You had 7 767 and 1 777 - there's a problem for a start...

That single 777 was probably eating up its monthly profit and some of the profit from the 767's each week; if you only have one aircraft of type its going to cost alot of money to keep it in the air with the additional engineering and training costs - keep costs low by sticking to one aircraft type for long haul routes in the game start you can get away with 2 or 3 types (maybe more) but as the game progresses it's not quite so easy for a start-up to do that as competition has increased on routes.  Also the 'heavies' can be sensative to fuel price increases so you need to keep in check that they contiue to make a profit when the fuel price spikes, I used 777's and I found that they need to be pretty full to make a profit with quite good Business and First demand if you are leasing them. 

Also keep a check on your staff and advertising costs as they are not countered into your aircraft profit - turn off automatic wage increases too as the game likes to pay your staff well whereas me I like to keep my wages tight and my staff poor!  ;D

I hope you keep your new airline going well  ;)

Offline JL

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 03:13:38 AM »
you might've come in at a bad time as well. fuel prices right now are just under $1,000 a tonne. i'm noticing quite a few airlines making major losses and see a lot of airlines going into bankruptcy lately. just hang in there and be cautious about spending.
Jetex Airô (JEX), 2008.

Offline Tias

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 09:30:08 AM »
You might wanna manually control your C-checks, Staff Salary, Marketing, etc.
Basically take control of your expenses!

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 04:07:18 PM »
The most urgent task for you is to identify the reason behind all the failures.

1) Why it gave you 3 months of profit but went down like waterfall after that? Competition? Fleet commonality cost?
2) Why you declare bankrupt when you conquering the big airline? What stupid thing you saw?
3) You manage your company well for 3 years, why your profit went down when you already have 3 years strong base? Or didn't you build your base strong enough? Operating only 7 767 and a 777 for 3 years (I wonder if that is possible)? Or you replaced your entire fleet (which you used for 3 years) to this 7 big jet and get into trouble?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.