Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [ok] Desert Storage / Mothballing / Grounding Aircraft  (Read 1217 times)

hjp766

• Former member
[ok] Desert Storage / Mothballing / Grounding Aircraft
« on: November 25, 2008, 10:50:03 AM »
What it says on the tin really. An option to mothball aircraft.

It is cheaper to mothball an a/c in the desert at c. 8k a month waiting for a use for it/buyer, than pay parking at your base airport.

HJ
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:24:31 PM by sami »

edidiot

• Former member
Re: Desert Storage/Mothballing
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »
I like this idea, helps with fleet renewal. Maybe you could have a system whereby it takes a month to get the plane out of mothball if you want to use it again and you have to do a D check or something.

jeburiah

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 06:09:06 PM »
There should be another option for storing aircraft other than selling or scrapping. I like this!!!

digifreak

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 09:47:58 PM »
Yeah... I couldn't agree more... and if you needed just a month to take them out of the storage and get it ready to gly, it would be neat to use them when your big aircrafts to go D-Check (3 Months).

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 05:10:43 AM »
*Bump*

I sign my name to this feature request as well.

We should have an option to either put an aircraft on storage or mothballing. Currently, the only way to do this is either scrapping or listed the aircraft for sale. Most of the times, scrapping is not an option. And listing an aircraft can backfire once the airline cancels/returns the aircraft to you. Thus, it "enters" the fleet again were by you get charged fleet comm costs for it.

Again, when you have the time, if you could look into these options.

Thanks again!

Talentz

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.