Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft Maintenance Cost  (Read 1134 times)

• Former member
Aircraft Maintenance Cost
« on: November 24, 2010, 12:38:19 AM »
I am a little bet confused, so wonder if any other kind CEOs can help me.

Got a message from bank to correct my overdraft etc, so in a last ditch attent to do so i cancelled the weekly A & B check on my 5 planes.
I have not had any delays due to tech error etc but i see i still spent $49,000 on Aircraft maintenance how can that be???
If my schedule shows not Maintenance etc and each plance finance show $0 for the week in maintenance how can i still spend money on Maintenance??

Hope someone more clever than me can help on this one  :)

Offline RushmoreAir

• Members
Re: Aircraft Maintenance Cost
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:28:27 PM »
If you go to Game ->  Aircraft -> Fleet Commonality there is a recurring charge based on how many aircraft types you operate.  This never changes, and is meant to represent the cost of maintaining used parts inventory, and keeping your mechanics up to speed on how to repair an aircraft.  You can't get rid of these charges.  They will drop, however, for each fleet type you ditch.  A streamlined 1-fleet group airline will have extremely low FC charges.

IMO, you need to add back at least the A-Check.  Your Aircraft Condition will keep deteriorating fast, causing delays and your CI will drop.  If you are at the point where having a A-Check and  B-Check makes a difference, you need to bankrupt and start over.  Again, just my opinion.

Good Luck!  :)

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 06:32:58 PM »
That charge also goes toward line maintenance (you know, changing tires and such :P) and keeping all the maintenance publications up to date; plus you've got to pay to heat the hangar and keep the lights on :)

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:01:41 PM »
I'd be keeping those A&B checks going, and maybe cut your advertising - you'll take a hit on your CI but I found that it is a slow loss whereas if you don't do your A&B checks and a 'random' ramp check happens your airline will be hit with a fine and you'll lose a lot more company image which will make pax fly with your competitors - as they dont want to fly with a company that skimps on safety by not doing the checks!  There are ways to cut costs, you can turn your fortunes around by cutting advertising and by making sure the automatic raise salaries is not checked (the auto salary is a pain and pays your staff well over the pay they should get!)  ;)

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 10:15:26 AM »
Oh dear pushintin, please quickly resume all your maintenance checks before the aviation authority summon you. It will be a disaster if you get caught for that. 'Reasonable' amount of fine, disastrous impact to your CI and LF. You won't like that to happen. It will send your company to bankruptcy.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.