Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: WorldLink name "stolen"?!  (Read 1707 times)

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
WorldLink name "stolen"?!
« on: November 22, 2010, 05:01:02 PM »
When setting up the WorldLink alliance in Dawn of the Millennium, I have been prevented from using the "WorldLink" name which has been around for many many game worlds as some "clever" player has reserved the WorldLink name for their airline...

...a childish move by an opponent alliance jealous of our success? or a lack of imagination by a player who wants to take our name?  ::)

Offline Tiberius

• Members
Re: WorldLink name "stolen"?!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 05:13:08 PM »
Shocking!

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 05:27:43 PM »
I've asked for Alliance name reserve and in general Permanent Alliance feature to prevent theses kinds of things from happening. In light of the current situation, perhaps WL management will jump on the endorsement bandwagon?

Talentz

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 05:33:44 PM »
I've asked for Alliance name reserve and in general Permanent Alliance feature to prevent theses kinds of things from happening. In light of the current situation, perhaps WL management will jump on the endorsement bandwagon?

Talentz

Absolutely, it is crazy that someone can reserve WorldLink as an airline name making it impossible for a long established alliance to retain it's name.

A quick look shows that there is no airline (at least in Dawn of the Millennium) with the name WorldLink so I suspect this may be a malicious move by another alliance - quite pathetic really.

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 05:41:12 PM »
How can an alliance name being hold for an airline? this should be unrelated :o

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 05:51:04 PM »
How can an alliance name being hold for an airline? this should be unrelated :o

I know.... but when I attempted to use the name, the system said that it was either a real world airline/alliance name or it had been reserved. As it is not a real world name, I assume that it has been reserved.

On another note, I tried to respond to your PM but you inbox is full.

Offline Bored

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 05:54:52 PM »
How sad can one get  :-\ Sry for WL!

Offline type45

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 06:13:37 PM »
I know.... but when I attempted to use the name, the system said that it was either a real world airline/alliance name or it had been reserved. As it is not a real world name, I assume that it has been reserved.

On another note, I tried to respond to your PM but you inbox is full.

I think we better as sami about this...... this can happen on world link or any other alliance :-\

btw I've just cleaned up my inbox......some of them are already a year old and related with my airline in MT1 :o

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 07:05:44 PM »
Just an idea so we don't all just jump to conclusions, but are you sure that one of your co-founders hasn't reserved this name without you knowing or aren't in this game world?
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Daveos

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 07:16:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure none of the usual founding members have reserved the name.  I think we definitely need a way of preserving alliance names somehow, as many of the alliances have been around for many game worlds.

I have seen the name in a world somewhere, but they don't even appear to be in a current world making it even more ridiculous.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 07:45:02 PM »
Just an idea so we don't all just jump to conclusions, but are you sure that one of your co-founders hasn't reserved this name without you knowing or aren't in this game world?

I agree with Dave, it's highly unlikely that any of our own members have reserved it. However, I have now reserved the current name (World Link) so at least we don't completely loose our alliance's identity.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 08:11:05 PM »
Will check this closer tomorrow evening.

Offline NorgeFly

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 09:49:24 PM »
OK, all is now clear! I totally jumped to the wrong conclusion  :-[

It appears one of our members in a previous game world reserved the name to protect it after a short lived airline called itself WorldLink in that game. None of the managing members were aware of this and I am sure he was unaware it would mean we couldn't use the name for our alliance.

Sorry for the fuss  :-[

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »

Happy to help  ;D

I'm glad you got this resolved, I cannot imagine how frustrating it would be as a long time alliance founder to have your name stolen if that were the case.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.