Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: When will slots increase?  (Read 1793 times)

stevenf

• Former member
When will slots increase?
« on: November 22, 2010, 01:15:42 PM »
At my base airport EHAM there aren't many slots available. Will the slots increase during time? If yes when could I expect more slots for EHAM?

Thanks!

Ilyushin

• Former member
Re: When will slots increase?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:07:22 PM »
Slots seem to be a huge problem within Europe...
There are too much players I reckon.

v4us

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 11:11:54 AM »
Yup. Slots are runnig out and capacity of airport does not looks to be "real" ( in terms of 80-s) but it's 60s...

Quinntan

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 04:20:22 AM »
Slots at the more popular US airports are scarce on the ground too.

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 09:13:24 AM »
Slots are under demand in almost every popular class 4 and class 5 airport in the game. You might get additional slots annually, mostly at 1 January.

Offline Wing Commander Chad Studdington

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 11:53:10 AM »
This is a recurring problem that needs to be sorted.

Slots need to either be increased or player numbers need to be decreased. If you want to fly to Heathrow, CDG, Schipol, Narita, JFK, Frankfurt and those type of airports after the first year its impossible. It may not be realistic to increase the slots available but it is also not realistic for 500 airlines to appear on the same day and all form by snapping up a huge variety of small aircraft and fly them from Heathrow. I'm pretty sure no airline took up a massive proportion the slots at one airport with over 50 30 seat aircraft flying them god knows how many times a day on short high demand routes. 

I feel this game needs to find the happy medium between realism and playability. At the moment AWS seems too close to realism at the detriment of playability. It's worse in situations like this happen where a realistic part crashes head on into a game factor and all hell breaks loose.

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 01:03:35 PM »
... but it is also not realistic for 500 airlines to appear on the same day and all form by snapping up a huge variety of small aircraft and fly them from Heathrow.

Sami is thinking to include AI airlines in the beginning of the game to simulate that there are companies before the game start.
Don't know how that will be implemented exactly, though...

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 03:16:25 PM »
Personally I feel that slots should be increasing according to the traffic and development of the airlines based there. We can't follow the history value in real life because in real the airlines are developing at a different pace with the virtual airlines in the game.

auerbacs

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 03:08:57 AM »
I'm running some CV 240s out of LAX where slots are quickly becoming limited. Could somebody advise me on the best way of transferring those slots from the CV 240s to larger planes when their leases run out? Do I close the route but not release the slots? And then must I have the exact same departure times, or just within the same hour, to use those slots that I've released from the CV 240s?

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 11:58:14 AM »
Yes, close without releasing the slots. But before you close, go to edit page and you can check the slots can be slightly earlier or later than the current time you using it.

When you get a new plane, plan a schedule for it using the slots you have. Then only you close the old routes.

virtual

• Former member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 04:18:29 AM »
that's a shame that JT3 is mainly a game of slot rush... there should be solutions to this.

here what comes in my mind : i think that in the biggests airports, there should be a airport autority that regulates a bit more the slot attribution. And that for intance and for the development of the traffic will reserve 10 % of the slots to internationnal long haul flights.

It means that when the airports slot ability falls below 10% . Only int long haul flight can be added

this rule can be regulated ie to 5% maybe or for a period of time.  But like this it will permit to all airlines to be able to land in Heathrow/JFK and such airports, since it's much more difficult to take all the remaining slots with INT long haul flights !

GDK

• Former member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 09:19:38 AM »
virtual, there is no need to post the same thing in 2 thread.

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 07:47:55 PM »
that's a shame that JT3 is mainly a game of slot rush...

Why do you say that?

Talentz

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.