Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Tech delays?  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Blur CEO

• Members
    • Facebook
Tech delays?
« on: November 19, 2010, 12:54:23 AM »
Is any one else having high delays for technical problems with aircraft. Mines at 75%.

LOT767

• Former member
Re: Tech delays?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 01:25:08 AM »
That seems to be the general problem with A/C under 80%. Try spending the couple bucks to get it about 80% you should see some improvements.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 01:28:05 AM »
Yeah my aircraft were in such bad condition in the first few weeks of operations that my punctuality hit a low of 46.8%, pushing my CI down to -1.

Nothing a few Extra Checks couldn't sort plus maintenance on incoming aircraft. I'd say invest the money in repairing your aircraft if you are planning on using them for any considerable time.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Blur CEO

• Members
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 01:29:36 AM »
yeah i've been doing that but is not really cost effective. I think its kind of odd that the planes are falling part that fast.
My CI went to a -5, is this common for this time frame?

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 01:40:40 AM »
Yeah it can easily go that low with really bad punctuality and a lot of cancellations, not forgetting aircraft condition also affects CI.

The lower the aircraft condition is, the more worthwhile Extra Checks become.

I used to think they were a waste of money, but then again I though the same about configuring your own aircraft and how wrong was I.

Just out of curiosity what condition percentage range are we talking about on your aircraft?

Even mine in the high 70s and low 80s cause me trouble.

Offline Blur CEO

• Members
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 01:49:38 AM »
there running 66%-85%, the one thats at 66 happens to be the one that cost the most to fix.

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 09:54:49 AM »
there running 66%-85%, the one thats at 66 happens to be the one that cost the most to fix.

That doesn't surprise me... there is the most to fix on it!  :D  That was probably the one which was causing you most problems.

I'd say fix the ones in the 60s and as many of the others as you can. Or you could just wait for the B/C checks to come round on them. Maybe even bring C check forward on a  few of them.

Offline Tiberius

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 10:04:52 AM »
My DC-8's were in pretty bad shape, and CI and LF were affected slightly.  A+B checks and 1 C check as well as of course increasing the size of my fleet made my tech cancellations 100% of the reason (last week), but 1.8% of the total flights; and my on-time is getting close to 90% again.  I'd say wait a while, and if you still get them a few months down the road, do the extra checks.

srjohn

• Former member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 04:25:23 PM »
If i may add and maybe get some extra information from you guys.
I am flying F50 and they are at 94% and i am getting 2 - 3 cancel flight due to Tech problems etc.
How could that be? any ideas pls.
Also how often are B checks done i have them on auto for sunday overnights.

Any ideas

Thanks steve

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 04:40:41 PM »
Tech delays can occur from time to time, they are pretty random (though aircraft age and condition do affect). Also, if the cancellation% is small, and they happen to different aircraft, it's ok.

B cheks are done once per month, on the last wekk of the month.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.