Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Dilemna...  (Read 927 times)

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« on: November 16, 2010, 05:52:45 AM »
OK so I'm based in Seoul Incheon and I ordered 18 E-Jets (175/190/195s) to start a hub in Gimpo. It turns out that a small airline based there after I bought them, I open my new hub, start some routes, and he notices a drop in his LF and profit and PM's me saying "why do you have to pick on smaller airlines". I really don't want to BK him but I have no other options for my Embraers everything out of Seoul Incheon is full.
No replacement for displacement

• Former member
Re: Dilemna...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 05:56:39 AM »
That's how the game is. If he knows how to play, he can easily take your competition. Don't feel guilty, come on, this game is about competing.

edit: I checked the situation. His fleet consists of 16 aircraft, with 9 being turboprops. Can't be hard to take your competition with a nice discounted price... He has 9 routes which means he filled up some nice demand = more frequency = higher LF. If he just starts growing now he might be able to replace his fleet with more modern turboprops (ATR?) with good seating. His company value is 33 million after all.

The order backlog of the ATR is really small, might be a good chance to take those.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 06:02:01 AM by Ilyushin »

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 02:04:12 PM »
Ok then, well smaller airline... I'm sorry.

Offline PiaDijkstra

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 02:46:19 PM »
gee what are you intentions if you are sitting on on 33mill. I usually invest every penny I have, to get more aircraft until weekly earnings are such that money is no longer the issue. I have never had that situation with only 9 planes.

No need for sorry Frogotion!! the whole idea of this game is to compete. Nothing better to outsmart your competitor. And if somebody outsmarts me, I will learn and try better next time!

(perhaps we get a very angry mother on the forum this afternoon!)

Offline Bored

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 03:32:19 PM »
I hear ya Frogiton  ;)

Just be carefull, so you won't be accused of being a bully  8) but I have to say that I agree about the competition goal in this game. It doesn't mean that one should forget manners and accuse people publicly in the forums. So I give thumbs up for that other carrier contacting you in private. Another thumbs up goes to you for caring and starting this topic.

Have a good one! Brgds, Iksu

Offline ukatlantic

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 05:42:07 PM »
Good on the other guy for PM'ing you and good on you for seeing what people's thoughts are here.  Maybe you could work together if you really dont want to bankrupt the guy, from what you've said he has had the decency to PM you asking for dialogue.  I'm sure you can benefit and make profit at the base you are both operating from by working together instead of against each other.

Some might see this as madness and probably think what on earth am I talking about, but this game is not always about seeing who you can bankrupt first to benefit yourself - that is short sighted IMO; Also what does it show - I can tell you that it certainly doesn't show that your the best player in the game, from my experience the best players have always been the guys that have expanded, grown and have competion but dont feel the need to force their competitors into bankruptcy at the first opportunity.  Inevitably, they always seem to come out on top because they can see the bigger picture in-game and work to constantly boost their airlines.   

Offline Frogiton

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 10:06:23 PM »
I noticed his fleet is all over 20 years old so on the next fuel spike it won't really matter if i'm there or not, his fleet choice is making his fate pretty grim.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.