Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slot Hogging !!!  (Read 8232 times)

Offline raptorva

• Members
Re: Slot Hogging !!!
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2011, 10:49:51 PM »
the point Sigma raised is one where I requested a feature a while back to allow small planes like C-46/DC-3 to make up to 5 stops along a route for fuel etc to allow them to fly routes in the way which they historically did. This was however rejected I think I remember rightly because of the coding issue it would cause among other things.

BavarianAir

• Former member
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2011, 11:03:22 PM »
Sorry for my little knowledge about the game's history. I'm new here and so I don't know what happened in the past game worlds. I just wanted to make some suggestions how to solve this slot problem. I also didn't know that the aircraft already can be sold to brokers and the aircraft of carriers that went out of operation are going to the pool. I assumed the huge number of aircraft in the game has to be a least partly the result of the KI "generating" aircraft and selling them via the brokers. But when I see players ordering more aircraft than they currently have in their fleet, just to put half or more of them out for lease or sale because they found out they need that much at all (good for my little airline though - brand new bird, only had to wait two weeks instead of about three months, theese lame Boeing guys need to deliver ;)) , or to "reserve" airport slots, I start to understand why we have so much birds flying and sitting around. And that finally brings me back to my point, that there might be too much leasing in the game. You don't get penalized for leasing 100 Jumbos from the constructor although you would only need about 20, because you don't have to tie up $ 40M a piece and have to live with the economical consequences of most of them sitting around uselessly. Let's be honest, which real world broker would take 80 747s at once? The answer is NONE! And that means 3 billion bucks would essentially be thrown out of the window. At least in case anybody would have that much. I'm sure your banker can name only one person who would get away with a mistake that big. Himself ;D.

Fly long and prosper!

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2011, 04:02:10 AM »
new planes don't arrive all at once. The average delivery rate in AWS is for 1-2 aircraft per airline per month. An order for large amounts of planes therefore take a lot longer to be fulfilled than a smaller order.

BavarianAir

• Former member
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2011, 12:25:08 PM »
new planes don't arrive all at once. The average delivery rate in AWS is for 1-2 aircraft per airline per month. An order for large amounts of planes therefore take a lot longer to be fulfilled than a smaller order.
That's true. But the planes will eventually get delivered and the airline most likely still won't be able to utilize all of them. If you need proof, just take a look at the "used" aircraft market. I'm sure you will find plenty of unflown a/c hanging around there. Actually, I saw a bunch of brand new 737s a few minutes ago.

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2011, 12:34:29 PM »
They're not necessarily up for sale simply because of no use for them. I know some including myself who deliberately order more aircraft than we know we'll need in order to lease or sell them on to other airlines at a price higher than we paid for them. This strategy usually applies to high-demand models; in JA case this would be long range jets, 727's and 737's to name a few.

Commis

• Former member
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2011, 10:57:10 AM »
In the real world do airlines not have to bid for slots annually ?? and the airports use this revenue for distributions to the share holders and expansion ?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.