Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slot Hogging !!!  (Read 8229 times)

Online mon757

• Members
Slot Hogging !!!
« on: November 04, 2010, 08:58:52 PM »
I am based in LGW as Compass Airlines,

I can't Compete with this Slot Hogging !

Totally Un-realistic !!!

34 C-46 Commando !! total bulls##t  ! 

Sami, I loved the game when it first came out ! but now...................

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Re: Slot Hogging !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:15:38 PM »
First of all; accusations about other players etc. do not belong to public forums. If you have a complaint about other player (& his airline) you should address them in private, since in many cases the claim of rule violation is found to be inaccurate, and there is no reason to start bashing other players in public forums.

I took a look at the airlines in LGW and none of them are using illegal tactics to secure slots. The airline with C-46s has a large fleet but flies them legally to various destinations too, not oversupplying the routes at all. And no other violations either like taking slots but not using them...

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 09:26:38 PM »
I've looked at his post history and about 95% of his posts were jumping to false conclusions about things he had no idea what he was talking about, or was complaining about things that have been brought up and clarified by you numerous times. Personally I think you should give him the "Shape up or ship out" ultimatum as it ruins the forum's flow. :-\

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:36:03 PM »
what I am saying is, it is totaly Un-realistic, anybody could put 14 flights a day to frankfurt ! thats 14 slots that are now taken!  

why don't we all just fly dc-3s ? they are cheap, i can run 10 routes to every destination then all the slots would be gone and every other airline would be shut out !........

exactly, so why don't you? If you're saying that anyone can, why don't you and stop complaining? It's perfectly realistic - it's what happens in RL. Duh! Why do you choose to complain rather than try to fight for your airline? ??? I'm puzzled as to why people like you do this instead of taking it like it is - reality! ;)

Online mon757

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 09:37:06 PM »
ICEcold.......  1393 (1.872 per day) thats a lot of posts!!! you do have a lot to say !!

I don't know the exact numbers but I do know most C-46's went to cargo operators. Very few went to pax ops and there are 480 !! pax C-46's in service in this game!!!

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 09:49:35 PM »
ICEcold.......  1393 (1.872 per day) thats a lot of posts!!! you do have a lot to say !!

I don't know the exact numbers but I do know most C-46's went to cargo operators. Very few went to pax ops and there are 480 !! pax C-46's in service in this game!!!
And what does that have to do with anything?
This is not real world, it is not Branson behind the computer. We choose the aircraft we find best suited for our purposes. The fact that those planes weren't successfull in real world means nothing here.

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 09:56:38 PM »
key word there being most. Just because in reality most went to cargo ops doesn't mean that they couldn't have gone mostly to pax ops. Air Canada Jazz is one of the few operators (if not the lone operator) of the CRJ-705, but that doesn't mean that before they ordered the 705, they could've veered off and bought 900s or E190s instead. Everything in reality is based on split-second decisions and life is based almost wholly on those decisions. Who knows, maybe because of the very design of the C-46s another aircraft type was deemed "better" by airlines, and they bought those other aircraft instead. So if this one guy/girl, or many guys/girls decide to use this aircraft in JA3, than the rest of life is based off that now. For example, people in MT3 right now are on a "Xian MA60" rant because it's the better choice for their airline. In RL do you see Xian MA60s ruling the world? no. S*** happens like that. Deal with it.

And yes, I have 1394 posts. And? This includes posts on private alliance forums, bug reports, feature requests and responding to topics like these. What's your point? :-\

Offline JonesyUK

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 10:07:38 PM »
Plenty of other airports to base from if you want to free some more slots up for my C-46's :)

Online mon757

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »
key word there being most. Just because in reality most went to cargo ops doesn't mean that they couldn't have gone mostly to pax ops. Air Canada Jazz is one of the few operators (if not the lone operator) of the CRJ-705, but that doesn't mean that before they ordered the 705, they could've veered off and bought 900s or E190s instead. Everything in reality is based on split-second decisions and life is based almost wholly on those decisions. Who knows, maybe because of the very design of the C-46s another aircraft type was deemed "better" by airlines, and they bought those other aircraft instead. So if this one guy/girl, or many guys/girls decide to use this aircraft in JA3, than the rest of life is based off that now. For example, people in MT3 right now are on a "Xian MA60" rant because it's the better choice for their airline. In RL do you see Xian MA60s ruling the world? no. S*** happens like that. Deal with it.

And yes, I have 1394 posts. And? This includes posts on private alliance forums, bug reports, feature requests and responding to topics like these. What's your point? :-\

I can assure you that real airlines do Not base there choice of aircraft on split-second decisions !

ICEcoldair881

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 10:15:04 PM »
I know that RL airline's do not do that 100% on split-second decisions, but sometimes that's what it comes down to. Even so, C-46s being used in the game world, so deal with it and stop nit-picking every little insignificant thing in my posts please. Thanks. :)

Online mon757

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 10:23:59 PM »
I know that RL airline's do not do that 100% on split-second decisions, but sometimes that's what it comes down to. Even so, C-46s being used in the game world, so deal with it and stop nit-picking every little insignificant thing in my posts please. Thanks. :)

Funny, you said  (Everything in reality is based on split-second decisions) oh how very insignificant ................

Offline raptorva

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 10:26:25 PM »
you have to remember that this is a game. Players make their decisions based on their prefered method of gameplay.
When you look at currently available aircraft, there are lots of C-46's, they're cheap, they have good range and (for me) use exactly the same engines as my DC-6's, saving further costs.

Online mon757

• Members
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 10:32:45 PM »
Plenty of other airports to base from if you want to free some more slots up for my C-46's :)

Slots are all Yours !!!

Offline ZombieSlayer

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 11:32:16 PM »
Lets be honest. There are limited slots in this game world. The airline that is going to succeed at any busy airport will be the airline with the most slots when they run out. So, witht that in mind, why do we not grab every C-46/DC-3/Dove 104/Wayfarer out there, get the slots early and worry about filling demand later? You call it unfair, I call it survival. As long as demand is not oversupplied, nothing illegal is being done, especially a week into the scenario when all that is available is C-46's and DC-3's. Now if that same airline is still flying C-46's several years in the future......

Just my .02

Don
Co-Founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
CEO PacAir
Designated "Tier 1 Opponent"

Offline Blur CEO

• Members
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 01:19:58 AM »
i think i would call it a good strategy rather than slot hogging. Of course i can easily be called a hogger, but what can you do with a base airport that only has 8 slots a hour? Also could we have a rant form?

MattDell

• Former member
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 01:30:25 AM »
what I am saying is, it is totaly Un-realistic, anybody could put 14 flights a day to frankfurt ! thats 14 slots that are now taken!  

Wow, a high demand route, an excess of capable planes, and abundant slots.  Would have been a pretty good starting strategy, don't ya think?  8)

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 03:15:57 PM »
Also could we have a rant forum?

Would be comical.... +1
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 06:48:24 PM »
weve asked for new forums but to no avail

THI

• Former member
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 09:03:03 PM »
i also have c46 and they are really nice.
also the bristol wayfarer......  ;D

and i have 2x more slots as my competitor in chicago.....
so. thats the game.

Daemus

• Former member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 05:58:16 AM »
i also have c46 and they are really nice.
also the bristol wayfarer......  ;D

and i have 2x more slots as my competitor in chicago.....
so. thats the game.

THI definitely is hogging slots. As my first time really experiencing it, I can definitely say that it does feel like it detracts from the game to have a competitor running 80+ planes with another 60+ on order, not one even 100 pax capacity, operated from the world's busiest airport (historically, not sure if it is considered so in the sim right now). I personally don't feel the strategy is an any way truly competitive or sporting as it requires nothing but a commitment to coming to the computer every 35 mins to order 2 more of whatever cheap planes you can find on the market. That feeling aside though, I just want to be clear that I do recognize it as an allowed way of playing the game, so my beef isn't with THI in choosing to use an allowed strategy, but lies with the development of this sim and the broken system that we currently have. I have seen some suggestions on how to prevent this as I feel it has no place in the sim. In the real world, airlines don't get away with it. Small planes don't bring the pax handling revenue the airports want and don't provide the income from fuel and catering sales the larger planes do. Even if a contract is locking a slot to an airline, a governing body can step in and take away the slots to be put on lottery for airlines that would use the slot to fill an actual public need at an appropriate level for the demand.

I hope 1.3 brings some realism in this area and makes it so I don't feel like I should be wishing THI an unfortunate accident.... oh, sorry, that could be taken the wrong way. I don't want him dead or anything, just something like a family member messing on the computer and bankrupting his company so I can get some slots I want. On a completely unrelated note, could a game developer be held as an accessory to a murder provoked by a game?

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.