Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: I don't get it, why can't I make money?  (Read 689 times)

• Former member
I don't get it, why can't I make money?
« on: November 04, 2010, 06:03:07 AM »
I specifically chose the routes I'm running because no one had already populated them. I have my marketing on permanent, my base country, Running all except TV, so I'm slowly working up a decent C.I., I have two ERJ 140's, both new. Took delivery of the first on 28 Apr, 2nd will be coming 16th of May. Obviously already got my first moving, and will have the 2nd running as soon as it's delivered. I'm 12th out of the 500 in the game with fleet utilization...

And I'm 1.6 mil in the hole.

What in the world could I possibly be doing wrong?

Offline Sigma

• Members
Re: I don't get it, why can't I make money?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 06:27:48 AM »
You're not likely to make money with a single ERJ.

When you start you've got a fair number of people sitting around in corporate that cost a lot of money to employ.  You need to sell a lot of seats to pay for them.  A single little plane makes that difficult, even with 2 or 3 you're not likely to be making much.    I imagine when you check "My Aircraft" that your plane itself is making a gross profit... if not, you've got much bigger problems, but I imagine that's the case.  It's the overhead that's killing you at this point.

Also, you don't necessarily want to be at the top of fleet utilization when you're running small planes, at least not just 1 of them.  What that tells me is that you've got that little plane on probably a fairly long flight or two.  The best way to make money with little planes like ERJs is to turn them, not keep them in the air.  That means, if you can get a 45-minute flight, and spend 45-minutes on the ground turning around, and do that 5 times a day, that's great.  Your utilization will suck, being only 50%, but your plane will make a LOT more money making 5 x 200-mile flights than it will making 2 x 700-mile ones, though the utilization on the longer flights will be much higher.

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 11:06:22 AM »
fleet utilization is flawed because LH aircraft require so much time in between in order to service them properly.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 12:37:20 PM »
ERJ and CRJ, always -1.

It's normal you go bankrupt the first times you play the game until you find the ingredients to make money. 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.