Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Making money FAST  (Read 748 times)

Pepsico8

• Former member
Making money FAST
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:43:15 PM »
My question is, how do all these huge airline start out with these enormous loans, to buy these enormous planes? It is starting to annoy me, but I'm just wondering. :)

altmants

• Former member
Re: Making money FAST
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 11:49:05 PM »
Fly a large plane(>200 pax) 3000-3700NM with 1x daily flight(typically these are transatlantic routes). You only have to pay for 1 Slot each day.

Offline Sigma

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:55:04 PM »
Fly a large plane(>200 pax) 3000-3700NM with 1x daily flight(typically these are transatlantic routes). You only have to pay for 1 Slot each day.

Paying for slots has nothing to do with it.

It boils down to primarily 1 of 2 things:

1>  Fly a large plane on a long-distance, high-margin (usually through a high First/Business configuration, though that's been nerfed a bit, so you can't fly 100% premium immediately) international flight.  This generates high-profits which allows quick huge loans which you use to buy lots more planes, rinse and repeat.

2>  Fly a large plane on the shortest, highest-density routes you can find.  This gives you huge margins as well.  If you can turn a single large plane 4 or 5 times per day, you'll make money hand-over-first, and again you buy lots of planes, put those on similar routes, and keep repeating.

One of the biggest mistakes people make is trying to 'stake claims' on routes.  Rather than filling up the absolute biggest routes first, they create flights all over.  This increases your costs in a very big way.  The other big mistake is flying to "big name" cities first even if they're a lot further away.  New York to Los Angeles is a great route -- but while you're busy flying there once per day, your competitor is flying to Detroit 3 times per day with the same single plane and making twice the profits.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 12:00:49 AM by Sigma »

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 12:30:10 AM »
so you can't fly 100% premium immediately

Or ever apparently. Can't fly an 80C configured A318 with a LF above 0%; even in in the closing weeks of MT#2. For that matter even with 40C and 40Y doesn't get any C load factor.

There goes my secret plan to steal all the LIML-LIRF business passengers  :(

Unless the rules have changed again since  :-\
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Daemus

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 01:33:45 AM »
Can't fly an 80C configured A318 with a LF above 0%; even in in the closing weeks of MT#2. For that matter even with 40C and 40Y doesn't get any C load factor.

Business and first class pax want alot of economy class pax on their plane so they can feel more special. Why pay more than double ticket price if you can't get the satisfaction of walking past rows and rows of poor souls stuck next to crying babies with broken seat backs that won't tilt the 2 inches they are supposed to? Obviously Sami understands this and coded AWS appropriately.  ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.