Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Commonality simulation  (Read 711 times)

nlgravity

• Former member
Commonality simulation
« on: November 02, 2010, 06:25:08 AM »
I have many excel spreadsheets programed to build and scheduled routes. I've done a great job with this  ;)
However, I can't get the marginal commonality cost formula anywhere near to right. Example:

- current fleet:
29 747-400
22 A340
How can I know ahead of time which plane is more "common" between 747-8 or a380?

Also, is commonality based on number of fleet groups only or also on manufactures of each fleet group? 

nlgravity

• Former member
Re: Commonality simulation
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 06:38:30 AM »
Sorry guys I realized thatbthere is an extensive discussion about this recently.

But to make it clear: I'm not complaining about FC costs. Weather or not they make sense it's irrelevant in a "game world"

What I'm looking for is some tactic to decide which fleet group to add next and have less effect on my current planex

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Commonality simulation
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 02:44:10 PM »
I have many excel spreadsheets programed to build and scheduled routes. I've done a great job with this  ;)
However, I can't get the marginal commonality cost formula anywhere near to right. Example:

- current fleet:
29 747-400
22 A340
How can I know ahead of time which plane is more "common" between 747-8 or a380?

Also, is commonality based on number of fleet groups only or also on manufactures of each fleet group? 

There is no such thing as partial commonality in AWS.  It is either in the same fleet group, where aircraft such as 737-800 and 900 are considered to have 100% commonality, or there is zero commonality.  As far as 747-400 fleet group and either 747-8, A340 or A380, there is zero commonality in AWS, they are all separate fleet groups.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.