Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Slots already used  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Meicci

• Members
Slots already used
« on: November 01, 2010, 09:33:48 PM »
So, seems that there is a lot less open slots here than in modern games.. Sao Paulo already has every slot in use, and there are only two airlines based there.

Wonder how things are at the larger airports..

Offline TK1244

• Members
Re: Slots already used
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 10:21:09 PM »
So, seems that there is a lot less open slots here than in modern games.. Sao Paulo already has every slot in use, and there are only two airlines based there.

Wonder how things are at the larger airports..
Isn't it logical that there are less open slots than in modern games? We are in 1960 not 2000
TK Regional

Offline Meicci

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 10:32:54 PM »
Yes, but what's the point of playing if I can't expand after playing three days?

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 10:50:48 PM »
Yes, but what's the point of playing if I can't expand after playing three days?

well, i dont know what to tell you there but realize that if you cant expand neither can your competition. 
something or someone will fall out.

Offline TK1244

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 10:53:49 PM »
Yup, its you or King Air. Luckily my competitor in GIG bankrupted very quick, leaving most slots available for me ;D
TK Regional

MattDell

• Former member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:57:46 PM »
Your airport will likely gain 1 slot per hour for each day every year.  That's how you can expand.

So, in 20 years you should have 20 more slots/hour to use.  Though, I'm not sure if it's every airport and if it's every year or not.

-Matt

Talentz

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 11:07:50 PM »
There are still a few slots left. Its not as hopeless as you may think.

Playing AWS is more then just slots at an airport. There's different strategies at play here. The early age gameworlds teach you how to evolve your game beyond worrying about slots or at least, how to deal with them. Being in this situation should force you to start thinking about things that never would have surface in other, modern worlds. Which in turn improves your gameplay to the point that you can overcome these hurdles without thinking much.

Much like a game of chess. You have to start thinking several moves ahead to reach your goal as your gameplay advances.

Talentz

fgottes

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 01:43:39 AM »
I agree with you Meicci.  Sao Paulo - Congonhas is a tough airport to play out of. Only 10 slots an hour and an overnight curfew.  Of course all the slots are gone.  We are both flying 30 seat props because there are no other planes available, and there is tons and tons of demand within a very short distance.  If you noticed we have also used up all the slots at Rio Santos with all the flights we have going there.

I also looked in Jet Age #2 and in 1980 there is only 17 slots available, so there probably is not much relief in sight.  In addition the short runways will make plane selection difficult.  I picked Sao Paulo because it looked challenging and so far have been very successful.  Good luck  8).

Offline Meicci

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 12:27:12 PM »
I think there is nothing more to do but to wait those larger, new planes to arrive. Those Boeings I have in order, have a runway requirement of 2720m, and the longest runway in Sao Paulo is only 1940 meters long.

But I believe that when flying very short routes will keep the MTOW so low, that I can still use them.. If not, I will have to turn my big Boeings into restaurants ::)

Jps

• Former member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »
You can try to to plan a route for the aircraft you have in order, and you will see how many pax you can carry.

Offline Meicci

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 03:28:27 PM »
Yup, looks like the limit with full passenger amount is something around ~1000Nm (out of 2500Nm), which isn't bad at all, when there is tons of demand under 200Nm..

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.