Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Flying All Night  (Read 1132 times)

Offline easy03

• Members
Flying All Night
« on: October 30, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »
Hi guys

First time ive posted in the forum...

I was thinking of flying my a/c allday and all night, ive tried it before and my LF was terrible flying through the night, any tips on how best to maximise my LF on night flights and maximise my income on these type of flights.

Cheers

Offline swiftus27

• Members
Re: Flying All Night
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 01:17:53 PM »
Wayne, make sure your planes take off prior to 2300 and land after 0500 LOCAL time.

So, fly planes east at 2255 or fly them west at 1700 (so they do their return leg at ~2100).  If you do it right, you will be just fine.

Daemus

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 01:53:28 PM »
I started getting what I would consider to be good red-eye LF%'s when I was putting my night flights to airports where I had a couple day-time flights already. I may be just imagining things but I felt it helped. I would not put a 50 pax plane on a 50 pax demand route and have it fly a red-eye, but a 50 pax plane on a 150 pax demand route with 2 other 50 pax flights during the day seems to work for me. LF%'s still aren't amazing but they definitely seem better than when I wasn't making sure to put the red-eyes on routes where I had daily flights already.

Genesis803

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 02:30:13 PM »
I've also reduced the price on the night flights and had success with increase load factors. While you don't make as much money, its better than the plane sitting all night.

Offline Blur CEO

• Members
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 03:59:08 PM »
Yeah if your based on the east coast try to leave aroun 18-20 depending on what part of the coast your on. If your on the west try to leave around 21-23 hours depending on where your at. Never hurts to look at real world time tables eathier.

Offline easy03

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 04:37:34 PM »
cheers guys

Ansettaddict123

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 08:31:27 AM »
Wayne, make sure your planes take off prior to 2300 and land after 0500 LOCAL time.

So, fly planes east at 2255 or fly them west at 1700 (so they do their return leg at ~2100).  If you do it right, you will be just fine.

I find so long as the flights depart before midnight (ie: 23:55) and arrive at 0500 Local, then you're fine.
Its also better to fly out of your destination airport later in the morning/ earlier in the evening, as oppose to your HQ/ Base, I find for some reason :/

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.