Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Premium seat configuration short haul  (Read 1106 times)

Offline JMsoo

• Members
Premium seat configuration short haul
« on: October 29, 2010, 04:51:27 PM »
Hello guys, because the market start to be saturated with a lot of concurrent! on top of cheaper prices and marketing re-configure the aircraft with less seats but all premium could increase the load factor and make customer chose my airline? instead of others?

thanks for your info
African Airline International...Your Place on Sky...

castelino009

• Former member
Re: Premium seat configuration short haul
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 05:08:46 PM »
Hello guys, because the market start to be saturated with a lot of concurrent! on top of cheaper prices and marketing re-configure the aircraft with less seats but all premium could increase the load factor and make customer chose my airline? instead of others?

thanks for your info

yes and no.

Yes -if you reconfigure there will be less seats and they will fill (if CI & RI is good), you will get more profits too , due to High F/C no.of seats.
NO- customers will still ur CI and age of fleet matters as well.

some more may give more ideas.

Cheers
VJC

Linee aeree italiane  ;D

takasito

• Former member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 05:34:39 PM »
all premium could increase the load factor and make customer chose my airline? instead of others?

In terms of the load factor, surely all premium seats will benefit, as long as you do not change the price. But in terms of profit making, you need to increase the price to cover lost PAX. In my opinion, as long as we are talking about short haul, it is not really worth it. Flying some props (downsizing) and increasing the frequency will certainly help what you want to achieve for short haul routes.

Regards,

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 05:42:04 PM »
The seat configuration matter most on long-hauls on the current game engine (if I haven't missed any log changes). On short hauls, I would instead recommend frequency to choose if acting in a competitive environment.

Denis

Offline JMsoo

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 09:42:12 PM »
In terms of the load factor, surely all premium seats will benefit, as long as you do not change the price. But in terms of profit making, you need to increase the price to cover lost PAX. In my opinion, as long as we are talking about short haul, it is not really worth it. Flying some props (downsizing) and increasing the frequency will certainly help what you want to achieve for short haul routes.

Regards,

ohhh here you are  ;D seems business go fine so far!
I will tray to change the config and see, what happen.

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 10:59:26 PM »
Hi all,

I can say that changing the seat config from High density to Standard seat really change the mind of the passengers. I had F50 configured with High Density seats and the LF was staying low on routes more than 500nm. After changing it, more passengers came to my planes  :P compared to the previous config. I really saw the difference on short to...

So try and see  ;D

Romeozulu

SkyBlue Air

Meraki

• Former member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 05:59:47 AM »
Really, give it a shot with an aircraft or two.

I can run HD economy seating and still fill planes to 90% LF on routes as long as 2000nm thanks to a great company image.

It'll be different for each airline what you can "get away with"

DenisG

• Former member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 07:02:07 PM »
Hi all,

I can say that changing the seat config from High density to Standard seat really change the mind of the passengers. I had F50 configured with High Density seats and the LF was staying low on routes more than 500nm. After changing it, more passengers came to my planes  :P compared to the previous config. I really saw the difference on short to...

So try and see  ;D

Romeozulu

SkyBlue Air

You are correct, but larger than 500nm is not short-haul anymore.

Denis

Offline romeozulu

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »
You are correct, but larger than 500nm is not short-haul anymore.

Denis

Correct  :D

It works great also on short haul routes

Romeozulu

Offline JMsoo

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 12:49:11 AM »
I'll give it a try as well and see...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.